Dr. Chip
Dr. Chip, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  Over 20 yrs of Family Practice
18722459

I recently have had unprotected sex and I have been having

I recently have had unprotected sex and I have been having a uncomfortable sensation in the head of my penis.. It is not necessarily painful but just uncomfortable.. it seems almost like its in my head because it always seems to go away when i'm not thinking about it and there is no pain or burn while urinating nor is there any discharge.. This has been going on for about a month and seems almost like it started the next morning after sex.. Any ideas or suggestions??
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
Hi--you never had this before? Any back or testicular pain at all?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes I have had similar pain after sex before but it always goes away when the erection is gone, I have not noticed any abnormal back pain and no pain in my testicles
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
Ok--and no change at all in the skin of your penis?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No sir
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
OK. It's a little hard to think this is anything serious and I don't think it's an STD at all. Also, no STD gives you symptoms beginning the morning after sex. I might consider, at most, a prostate infection or inflammation that's radiating the sensation to your penis. And, as you say, it may just be your imagination since you don't notice it from time to time. I'd suggest, even though you don't have insurance, that you see a walk-in clinic doctor for a digital (finger in the rectum) prostate exam and a simple urinalysis. If those are normal, then nothing at all to be concerned about
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Well how long would an infection or std take to make any kind of discharge or puss? It almost feels like something is wanting to come out .. Weird in know but nothing has
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
It would take at least three days for gonorrhea to do that and maybe at least five days to a week for chlamydia or trichomonas to do it. Since it doesn't burn on urination it's unlikely that you have the urethritis of an STD but since this worries you it would be best to have a doctor check things out.
Dr. Chip, Doctor (MD)
Experience: Over 20 yrs of Family Practice