Anthony Bray, MD
Anthony Bray, MD, Doctor
Experience:  14 years as clinician in the field of Family Practice
13781349

Hello my name is XXXXX XXXXX family and i are over weight.Im

Hello my name is XXXXX XXXXX family and i are over weight.I'm worried about our health so im trying to eat better things. But i find my self very hungry we had our selfs a chicken salad about 1:00 and its 3:20 now and im hungry. How do i control this?

Anthony Bray MD :

Hello!

Anthony Bray MD :

I think that you are on the right track to eat a healthier diet. Try drinking more fluid to help with your hunger sensation(water or diet drinks are fine..)

Anthony Bray MD :

Try eating more of the vegetables with low calories such as celery or lettuce for example...

Anthony Bray MD :

More volume and less calories should be helpful...

Anthony Bray MD :

There are appetite suppressants both over the counter and by prescription but I favor working more on the healthier lifestyle and trying to avoid these... still they are an option if you really need to go with one of these...

Anthony Bray MD :

I hope that you are working to exercise more as part of your weight loss program... this increases your metabolic rate and helps in this regard....

Anthony Bray MD :

The more active you are the more you can eat without a negative effect on your weight...

Anthony Bray MD :

Right after exercise you will probably find too that you immediately crave cooling down and crave fluids rather than immediately craving food as much...

Anthony Bray MD :

Adipex is one example of a prescription appetitie suppressant >> you could opt to ask your doctor about this...

Anthony Bray MD :

Bondril and Didrex are a couple other examples of appetitie suppressants...

Anthony Bray MD :

OTC Orlistat works to help with weight loss by reducing your absorption of fat (this is Xenical by prescription or Alli OTC..) It to me is a healthier way to help lose weight for your information however...

Anthony Bray MD :

Another resource that could be helpful for you would be to discuss the OTC products with the pharmacist too.. they would be able to help and guide you among the many OTC products available along these lines too...

Anthony Bray MD :

Sensa is one of the recent OTC appetite suppressants for example....

Anthony Bray MD :

I hope that this information helps. Let me know if you have further questions or discussion and I will be happy to get back with you!

Anthony Bray MD :

If my answer has been helpful and to your satisfaction then please remember to leave positive feedback. That would be much appreciated! Thank you and Best Regards,

Anthony Bray MD :

Anthony Bray MD