Dr. Chip
Dr. Chip, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  Over 20 yrs of Family Practice

I have a constant pain in my upper left abdomen, almost under

I have a constant pain in my upper left abdomen, almost under the lower left rib. The pain varies in intensity, however t is always there. Some times it feels like an acid burn on my inside. What is my medical issue?
Hi--how long has this been going on and you have no problem with heartburn or indigestion? Any bowel movement problems and have you ever had colonoscopy?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

This is on going for approximately three months. My last colonoscopy was two years ago with no medical issues found.

OK--again any indigestion problem and is the pain worsened with any particular foods?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I take prescription omeprazole for acid reflex. Food does not seem to effect the pain, however it seems to intensify most mornings prior to bowel movement. After bowel movement it feels better but still quite noticible.

OK. You need another colonoscopy for this and I'd also consider a ct scan of the abdomen. This may be splenic flexure syndrome which is a subset of irritable bowel syndrome, but at your age with pain like this another colonoscopy is indicated. Other possibilities would be an enlarged spleen or perhaps a chronic pancreatitis condition.