Dr. Brims
Dr. Brims, U.S. Licensed Physician
Experience:  U.S. Licensed Physician, general surgery and internal medicine experience
14307416

hello, yesterday was having a lot of acid reflux which I take

hello, yesterday was having a lot of acid reflux which I take omeprazole 20mg 2 times a day for, it was not helping , called the on call doc for my Drs office and was told to take Zantac 150mg at bed time, prior to that my stomach was on fire, woke up this morning with a bad headache and eyes puffy, went to the ER and they said it was an adverse reaction to the Zantac, this was at 630 am it is now 130pm and still have a headache, took a Ibuprofen for this,one hr ago has not helped and BP is still in the 143/82, should I go back to the ER or call the on call Dr
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr. Brims replied 1 year ago.

Dr Brims :

Hello, welcome to the site! My name isXXXXX and I will try to assist you with your medical question, and any medical information you seek

Dr Brims :

I'm sorry to hear about this

Customer:

hello

Customer:

are you here

Dr Brims :

yes

Dr Brims :

Right now your only symptoms is the headache, is that correct?

Customer:

other than my BP is higher than norm for me and some stomack distress and have been constipated for days went a little but that's it

Customer:

and it is gassy and foul smelling

Dr Brims :

Okay, how bad is the headache on a scale of 1-10?

Customer:

7

Dr Brims :

Also, do you have anxiety disorder?

Customer:

yes and take zanax 2 times a day .5mg

Dr Brims :

Do you have any blurry vision?

Do you have any nausea or dizziness?

Customer:

no blurred vision or vomiting just some slight nausea after I eat

Customer:

no dizzy either

Dr Brims :

Is this the worst headache you have ever had?

Customer:

no have had when my sinus are infected

Customer:

but used Flonase this morning because I thought it was my sinus

Dr Brims :

I see

Dr Brims :

I think it is reasonable to continue ibuprofen for the rest of the day and if you have no improvement in your symptoms then you may call the on call doctor

Customer:

okay, or maybe see my Dr in the morning ???? or call before then to the on call Dr.?

Dr Brims :

I think calling in the evening is reasonable, if you would like to call sooner that is fine as well

Customer:

could not going to the restroom like normal have caused all this?

Dr Brims :

No, it cannot cause this

Customer:

thank you

Customer:

what about the Zantac

Dr Brims :

You're quite welcome

Dr Brims :

Can you please clarify your last question?

Customer:

would the Zantac have caused the headache and high BP

Dr Brims :

It may have caused them if it was an allergic reaction

Customer:

and if so it will be out in 24 hrs which will be 8pm this evening then it should be better right

Dr Brims :

Yes,it should be out in approximately 24 hours

Customer:

thank you

Dr. Brims, U.S. Licensed Physician
Experience: U.S. Licensed Physician, general surgery and internal medicine experience