Dr. Anil
Dr. Anil, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  M.B.B.S.M.D with over 30 years of experience in this medical field.

I am fighting a bad upper respiratory infection right now.

I am fighting a bad upper respiratory infection right now. Approximately 4 hours ago, I took an Allegra D, a breathing treatment, and 2 tsp of Desalym (12 hour cough medicine). The problem is my coughing has not let up AT ALL. I can't sleep, and my chest hurts from all the hacking. My doctor also prescribed me a Codine cough medicine, but I was wondering if it was safe to take a dose of that after already taking the 12 hour Desalym and the Allegra. Any advice would be appreciated.

You can take codeine cough medicine with Deslym and Allegra D if your cough is consistent.

Also use a humidifier in your room.

Elevate your head side of bed.

Hydrate yourself with warm liquids.

In case your symptoms get worse over the time even after taking medications then it's good to visit ER.

I hope this helps.
If you have any further query then feel free to ask.
Positive feedback and bonus are highly appreciated.
Thank you.