Dr. Cameron
Dr. Cameron, Doctor
Experience:  American Board Certified in Emergency Medicine and Ivy League trained

I have a huge problem my gland on my left side is swollen all

I have a huge problem my gland on my left side is swollen all the time in my throat/ neck area ,but never the right side why? And how com it is reocurring often?
welcome back to the website!

Any pain at all? Where exactly is the gland? is it the cheek or under the jaw?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Under the jaw
Does it hurt at all when it is swollen?
How long have you had this?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
A few weeks,and I ignored it,yes I am in alot of pain and it is swollen more so at night. Is this possible. I have insur and I am always scared to go to dr office.i do howevever want to take care of my health as I am 37 and not ready for the box!
Ha ha. You are younger than me, Ashley!

Anyway, it sounds like you may have a blocked gland or an infection in your gland.
If you have insurance, I would advise that you do see your doctor- because you may benefit from pain medication and follow up
That being said, most salivary gland swellings are solved by eating sour lemon drops to encourage salivary flow- because usually it is secondary to a blocked gland.
If is red and inflammed or if you have fever, you may need antibiotics, and in that case, you will need to see your doctor sooner than later.
but you can dry sour lemon drops/candies, warm compresses, massage and motrin for pain.
If this does not work after a few days, then you should see your doctor.

I hope that this helped!

please leave positive feedback if it did :-)
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Yes thanks a bunch! I have to get it checked out w primary care and because I have to look beautiful 90% of the time that gives me 10 % to look like shit(oops) sorry dont want to sound like a degenerate! Thanks agin and I will see my dr. immediately!
Ha hA!
You are welcome Ashley. And have a great weekend.

I hope that I provided you with excellent service? :-)?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
And I am going to try the lemo. Drops first ,because I hate throat cultures and I know that they have to do that corre t? Is thete any way around that so I dont have to.go thru being poked?
I don't think that you will need to be poked. Throat cultures are not of any value in this.
This is a blockage of one of the salivary glands- not strep throat :-)
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Ok I am 100% satisfied w your info.thanks again, and h have a nice wknd. I pray that sleep comes soon for myself including u and ur family:) take care
Thanks! And get some yummy lemon drops :-)