Dr. Saha
Dr. Saha, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  35 years of experience
8227957

hello I have acid reflux, and last night around 8pm I ate some

hello I have acid reflux, and last night around 8pm I ate some pasta salad about 1.5 cups then went to bed and got up this morning had center chest pain and it went through to my back in the same spot it only lasted about 4 seconds and have not had another one could this be my acid reflux and now am running a slight fever that comes and goes help or could this be something else
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr. Saha replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for your question,

I’m Dr. Saha and I’ll try to help you.

Did you have previous history of acid reflux, heart disease, high blood pressure, diabetes?

How is the temperature?

Do you have cough?

Do you take any regular medicine?

Did you take any medicine for this pain?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

yes on acid reflux, no on heart desease, , my normal temp is 97.9 it is running at 98.8 and then back down, no cough, my regular meds are Omeprazole, 81mg asprin , Gabapentin , and I use inhalers for COPD and no high BP

Expert:  Dr. Saha replied 1 year ago.
Thank you Connie for the information.

Acid reflux pain can be felt in the back.

As you have acid reflux issue, it can be due to that.

In early morning, the gastritis pain can be occur.

Heart disease can cause similar symptoms too.

As you felt the pain only for seconds, the temperature is mild, you can observe now.

If it repeats, then you should consult doctor for an EKG, blood and other tests.

Meanwhile take antacid, frequent meal, bland diet to prevent reflux exacerbation.

Avoid tea, coffee, spice, alcohol( if you take any ).

I hope this information helps.

I will be happy to assist, if you need any clarification.

Please feel free for any follow up query.

Best wishes.
Dr. Saha, Doctor (MD)
Experience: 35 years of experience