Dr. R. Bora
Dr. R. Bora, Doctor
Experience:  14 years experience in the emergency room.

I have developed a bruise over my right kidney. It is a little

I have developed a bruise over my right kidney. It is a little larger than quarter size and has a lump underneath it. It is tender, but not horrible. The lump is smaller today but it is more tender today as well. I do not remember hitting anything but the bruise is such a dark purple it looks black. I am not having any issues urinating. Any idea?

Dr. R. Bora :

Hello and welcome, I am happy to help you today.

Dr. R. Bora :

Is the lump firm or soft to touch?

Dr. R. Bora :

is there a visible pus point?

Dr. R. Bora :

Please use the chat.

Dr. R. Bora :

Dr. R. Bora :

Use the chat please.

Dr. R. Bora :

i am waiting for your reply.

Sorry, you did not reply so I had to change over to the question and answer format.

According to your description, the lump could be a subcutaneous abscess or it could be an intramuscular hematoma.

This can be differentiated on the basis of clinical examination. If the lumps is softer, it is more likely to be an abscess.

This will need a course of antibiotics to heal or an incision drainage in the ER.

Have you seen a doctor yet?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

This is a firm lump and it does not move. I have not been to the MD yet.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

It almost feels like it might be closer to my lower rib. A nurse I work with stated it may be a fracture but I do not remember hitting it.

I think it is an intramuscular hematoma in that area, a fracture is unlikely without being hurt.

You can do good by using thrombophobe ointment, in case the lump is a hematoma. Taking serratiopeptidase tabs or caps will also help to bring down the lump quickly along with the warm compress. But I suggest you see an MD / GP because if it is an abscess (skin will feel warm and appear red), you will need antibiotics.

I hope my answer has helped you.

Please remember to rate my service positive once you have all the information you need. If you have any other questions, please ask me – I’ll be happy to respond. Thank you!

Have a great day ahead!

For new or follow up questions, please request me as Dr. Bora in the opening statement of the question