Dr. Brims
Dr. Brims, U.S. Licensed Physician
Experience:  U.S. Licensed Physician, general surgery and internal medicine experience
14307416

Ive always gotten sores on the inside lining of my mouth and

I've always gotten sores on the inside lining of my mouth and my doctor tells me they are canker sores. but afew days ago I noticed a whitish sore on the upper part of my upper right gum. Is this also canker sore or could it be something else?

Dr Brims :

Hello, welcome to the site! My name isXXXXX and I will try to assist you with your medical question, and any medical information you seek

Dr Brims :

I'm sorry to hear about this

Dr Brims :

Is it painful?

Customer: Yes, it hurts when I touch it
Dr Brims :

Okay, then this is most likely a canker sore as well

Dr Brims :

They often have a white coating, which is fibrous tissue

Dr Brims :

Are you able to see my replies?

Dr. Brims, U.S. Licensed Physician
Experience: U.S. Licensed Physician, general surgery and internal medicine experience
Were you able to see my replies in the chat session?
Hello-- I'm Mark Bornfeld DDS. Welcome, and thank you for putting your trust in me!

Would you be able to provide a photograph of the involved area? You may use the "paper clip" icon on the text entry form toolbar to upload a digital picture. Alternatively, you may send your picture to a photo hosting site, such as Imgur, Flickr or Photobucket, and provide a link to the picture in a reply to this information request. This will allow me to provide a more accurate and relevant response...