Dr. Anil
Dr. Anil, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  M.B.B.S.M.D with over 30 years of experience in this medical field.

over the last 10 days, my stool has been changing alot. sometimes

over the last 10 days, my stool has been changing alot. sometimes its normal, other times yellowish/brown. on monday i had stool that was almost white and it really scared me. i had some loose diaherra yesterday morning that was brown, took some peptol bismol and have only gone twice. both times it was pebbles. im 26 and worried about cancer. i did have blood work done in march, as well as a colonoscopy and endooscopy and everything came back normal. can you give me some piece of mind as to why i would have yellow stool and almost white stool with no other symptoms? im very gasy as well.
Associated pain abdomen?
Mucus in stools?
Any blood in stool?
Are you taking any other medications?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

no abdominal pain, i have noticed a little mucus, no fever nausea or vomitting, no blood in stool, im taking florastor (pro biotic) and a medicine for IBS called hyscocemean? im sorry, i dont know the spelling. i have been on that since march

Thanks for providing more information.

A change in stool color to a lighter brown/yellow could be an indication of increased transit time through the intestines.

The usual dark brown color is due to digestion of the bile salts from the liver.

When the transit time is increased, the bile salts are not as exposed to the digestive process and can be light brown, yellow.

Even as you have white stool which is not normal at all. Most of the time indicative of lack of bile due to biliary obstruction, liver disease, parasitic infection,IBS.

So further liver function test, CBC, ESR and stool routine examination should be done.

Chances of cancer are very less in your case so you shouldn't worry about it.

However changes in color of stools should be evaluated.

So consult your doctor for a clinical examination for further evaluation and management.

In the meantime take Metamucil and OTC Simethicone.

Hydrate yourself with oral rehydration solution.

Eat Brat diet.

I hope this helps.
If you have any further query then feel free to ask.
Positive feedback and bonus are highly appreciated.
Thank you.