Anthony Bray, MD
Anthony Bray, MD, Doctor
Experience:  14 years as clinician in the field of Family Practice

i had a cat scan and was told I had holes in my hip socket

i had a cat scan and was told I had holes in my hip socket bone and that there was bone infection

Anthony Bray MD : Hello!
Anthony Bray MD : I would suspect that your doctor is right but I certainly understand your concern as it is extremely critical to get this diagnosis right!!!
Anthony Bray MD : i think that your white cell count should be elevated if you have a bone infection....
Anthony Bray MD : I think it sounds that a bone biopsy and culture are needed!!
Anthony Bray MD : i think that if you should have such a deep bone infection then it is life threatening....
Anthony Bray MD : A combination if surgery and long term IV antibiotics would be recommended for this type of infection. That aspect is true .
Anthony Bray MD : Let me know if you have further details. I will be happy to get back with you.
Anthony Bray MD : i am sorry to hear that you are dealing with such a serious condition.
Anthony Bray MD : I hope this information is helpful for you! Your orthopedic doctor and you may benefit from an infectious disease specialist consultation.

can it be cleared up with antibiotics so I can have a complete hip replacement

Anthony Bray MD : if my answers have been helpful and to your satisfaction then please remember to leave positive feedback. That would be much appreciated. Thank you and best regards,
Anthony Bray MD : Anthony Bray MD
Anthony Bray MD : Yes it may be cleared with the long term IV sntibiotics. Some cases may also require removal of dead tissue. Once clear then you could have a hip replacement. It has to be very sure that the infection is quite CLEAR!! However....