Dr. Chip
Dr. Chip, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  Over 20 yrs of Family Practice

my urine started smelling bad from the day I had my first intercourse.

my urine started smelling bad from the day I had my first intercourse. It was unprotected but no semen inside. I did bleed a little but it kinda stopped the next day. i cleaned my vagina and my underwear does not smell funny but whenever I pee. it has been 3 days that i had sex. what could be the reason?
Hi--there's something called honeymoon cystitis which is a simple bladder infection that women can get after their first sexual experience. Not an STD or anything serious, and it may resolve on it's own in a few days with just some cranberry juice drunk on a daily basis. If you start experiencing pain or burning on urination and it doesn't clear soon, you need to see a doctor for a urinalysis and some oral antibiotics