Dr. Brims
Dr. Brims, U.S. Licensed Physician
Experience:  U.S. Licensed Physician, general surgery and internal medicine experience
14307416

I sing deeply alot, my voice broke a few years ago, recently

I sing deeply alot, my voice broke a few years ago, recently my voice seamed to get exceptionally deeper for no apparent reason. Then i started getting pain in my nuts when i would smoke weed as though something pressuring into them so i stopped the weed, as anyone would and have stayed clear of it. However now i feel like there is something dislodged in my chest, could this be possible?

Dr Brims :

Hello, welcome to the site! My name isXXXXX and I will try to assist you with your medical question, and any medical information you seek

Dr Brims :

I'm sorry to hear about this

Dr Brims :

Can you explain the feeling of something dislodged in your chest?

Customer:

Well for a while there i was able sing above and below in two ranges like a head voice and a chest voice but they seamed to merge and my voice deepened alot to the point of being able to imitate optimus prime..

Customer:

The feeling is like something is in my chest as tho it is supposed to be connected in two places like a tube or cord that is free to move in my chest from one end

Dr Brims :

Do you have any medical condition or take any medication?

Customer:

Also ive been having trouble with my swallowing and its like the cover over where i would speak from is damaged and im getting food in there, i then have to pull it back out and swallow it :s

Dr Brims :

Can you see my replies?

Customer:

Yes, i have relatively severe excema and have been taking anti histamines for years now.

Dr Brims :

Do you have anxiety disorder?

Customer:

Sorry im on my phone, no computer sorry to keep you waiting

Dr Brims :

no problem

Customer:

Not that i know of or have seen any doctor about.

Dr Brims :

Any other medication that you take?

Customer:

The doctor put me on a course of ciproflaxcin 500mg for the a small amout of swelling(epididymitus i think is what he said)

Dr Brims :

When did the feeling in your chest start?

Customer:

In relation to the excelma he dais on monday that i have a Staff infection on my face and has put me on flucloxacillin 500mgs 4times a day for 10 days.

Dr Brims :

ok

Customer:

When i was smoking the weed ive stayed clear of all of that now for 3 weeks and the feeling is still there

Dr Brims :

Please see the last question above

Customer:

It kind of feels like it can move up and down from my balls to my chest, altho im not sure thats possible ?

Customer:

Around 2 months ago when i was smoking t

Customer:

The weed

Dr Brims :

Is it painful?

Customer:

When it feels like its in my balls yes, very dull and not bad just uncomfortable, in my chest it feels very close to my heard and is rather scary to be honest

Customer:

Heart*

Dr Brims :

Is it constant or it comes and goes?

Customer:

Comes and goes

Dr Brims :

How long does it last when it occurs?

Customer:

It would last mabey a couple hours and i usually have to move my nuts out of the way of the pressure, such a weird feeling

Dr Brims :

Does anything make the pain better?

Customer:

Not that i have found, apart from mabey cooling my lower region down a bit

Dr Brims :

I am asking about the feeling in your chest

Customer:

It only comes up to my chest when im upside down or searching un the desk for something

Customer:

Generally i beleive the two are connected thats why i am telling you about both you see :/

Dr Brims :

Okay, you likely have gastric acid reflux causing this feeling, usually an antacid will help or an acid reducer like famotidine or ompeprazole will help this, they help within 7 days of starting them

Dr Brims :

Are you there? Can you see my replies?

Customer:

Okay, do you think that could be the cause of the pain in my testicles aswell or do you thinj thats sepperate?

Dr Brims :

I think the pain in your testicles is separate, you may have something called a varicocele which is enlarged veins in your testicles, this would require your doctor to examine you to confirm

Customer:

Could that have been caused by severe cratching

Dr Brims :

No, it cannot be caused by scratching

Dr Brims :

Can you see my last response?

Customer:

I believe i caused my epididymitus by scratching and so did the doctor i spoke to about it, its not your average scratching, are you certain it could not have caused that sir?

Customer:

Yes i can see it, im wondering could the almost squezing scratch that ive been so scared of may have caused the vericocele

Dr Brims :

Scratching should not cause epididymitis, if you have this, it may be from heavy lifting causing urine to flow and irritate the epididymis

Customer:

I get that and sometimes the scratch overloads my nervous system and causes me to ejaculate :( sorry to tell you that, mabey it will halp you help me tho :/

Customer:

Heavy lifting causes me to feel the need to pee very much so and usually i have to run to bathroom then cant pee :(

Dr Brims :

Okay, the scratching should not have caused epididymitis

Dr Brims :

Does that answer your question ?

Customer:

Okay, so with everything ive told you can you see any clear answer to my testicular pain other than the vericocele? Or do you still think that the diagnosis is correct?

Customer:

Also what can cause epididymitus?

Dr Brims :

it may be a varicocele or epididymitis

Customer:

What can cause either of these two, to prevent further dammage?

Dr Brims :

epididymitis can be caused by urine causing irritation in men who lift heavy objects, or a sexually tranmsitted infection

Dr Brims :

A varicocele may be caused by poor blood flow in the veins in your scrotum

Customer:

Okay so heavy lifting then i think is the more likely answer then

Dr Brims :

Okay

Customer:

Is there a fix for poor blood flow?

Dr Brims :

No, but sometimes it subsides on its own

Dr Brims :

is there anything else you would like to ask on this topic?

Dr Brims :

hello?

Customer:

Yeah, just one more,

Dr Brims :

ok

Customer:

Could a large amount of histamines in the blood for basicaly 4 years have caused the blood flow lack?

Customer:

I notice things do tighten up when im having difficulty with my excema

Dr Brims :

No, the antihistamines could not cause a lack of blood flow, that is impossible

Customer:

Not the anti- .. the histamines themself?

Dr Brims :

No, the histamines would not affect blood flow in any way, neither would antihistamines

Customer:

Okay well Thank you for your help doctor

Dr Brims :

You're very welcome

Dr Brims :

If you have any questions in the future you may request me

Dr Brims :

If you have no other questions on this topic, you may click a rating button to end the chat session

Customer:

I certainly will!

Customer:

Thanks again :D

Dr Brims :

You're welcome