Ask Your Health Question and Get an Answer ASAP
Dear Dr. Arun- I have attached it.
Dear Doctor -can i mail it to you - those sites need registration. Can i have your e-mail address?
Dear Doctor i've mailed it. Hope to get response tomorrow.
Doctor -don't you hve another e-mai address? I am getting a delivery notie failure for this.
I just uploaded a file on rapid share - any idea how to share the link?
Dear Doctor -can you see ifthsi is the link?
there are 5 attachments let me send them one by one.
1) Knee care in the activities of daily living. Few simple self-care measures can be remarkably effective in ending pain cycle.
a) Avoid prolonged standing or walking or sitting with joint in a single position.
b) whenever you sit, keep the knee stretched and fold them intermittently.
c) Squatting, sitting cross legged should not be done.
d) Avoid climbing stairs.
2) Rest: Taking a break from your normal activities reduces repetitive strain on your knee, gives the time to heal and helps prevent further damage.
3) Anti-inflammatory medications
4) Physical therapy; the goal of physical therapy is to strengthen the muscles around your knee and help you regain knee stability. Ideal is supervised physical therapy. Stretching exercises are also part of the physical therapy regime.
5) Orthotics and bracing.
6) Glucosamine and chondroitin orally for about 1-2 years and a trial of diacerin for three months.
7) Hyaluronic acid injections in knee.
8) Local analgesic sprays and ointments to your skin may help relieve the pain and stiffness of osteoarthritis.
9) Deep Electrotherapy by physical therapist.
These are the exercise resources for the knee. You can pick the exercises which suits you;
So doctor - what stage of osteoarthritis is it? Yes my right knee hurts more.
Doctor -considering I am just 31 years, isn't it a bit early for this to start? Also, Does cartilage build up completely? How many years, if taken care, can i stay pain free?
Dear Docto - thanks for your input. Sorry to bother you again. But I have always this cracking my knee feeling. Whereby, if i crack my knee i feel relaxed. What do I do about it. I will follow your tips and hope to recover. Thanksfully there is not pain now. but I'm always scared it may start.
how often is physio therapy recommended? Also, what age does this problem usually occur?