Dr. Saha
Dr. Saha, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  35 years of experience

What can I do ? I see double when I am tired. Right now I am

What can I do ? I see double when I am tired. Right now I am closing one eye while I am watching tv and writing this question to you. While I was driving tonight I had to close one eye otherwise I see several white lines. I have sjogrens (sp) and I am constantly using eye drops. I see an Eye specialists Aug 6.

Thank you for your question,

I’m Dr. Saha and I’ll try to help you.

When did the symptom develop?

When did you have cauterization?

Do you feel any other symptom?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

It has progressively gotten worse within the last 4 years. I got cauterized 3 years ago. I got pneumonia, sinus infection, and a bronchial infection last year after flying out west and teaching a stressful class of second graders. I had a lot of tingling in my arms, hands, and thighs during all this.Especially with some of the medicine I was taking. I was finally feeling better for 2 weeks then I flew to Europe Then I got tired again but I exercised enough to compensate. I flew out west and got really dry eyes from that. I exercise a lot but not as much as I used to because I got so sick this year. As of Right now my eyes are worse. my eye appointment is in August. I need to make sure I cover everything.

Thank you Ellem,for the information.

Seeing double objects can occur from different causes.

Those may come from cornea, lens or from muscles that move the eye.

Dry eye from Sjogren's can cause corneal changes.

An infection of the cornea, cataract can cause it.

If any weakness of external eye muscle is discovered doctor may refer you for a neurological examination.

In addition certain brain / nerve conditions like stroke, tumor, MS, aneurysm, migraine & others may cause it.

You may need CT/ MRI examination too.

I think you should have a thorough evaluation.

If you feel the symptoms are getting worse then you should not wait till 6th August & have an earlier examination.

I hope this information helps.

I will be happy to assist, if you need any clarification.

Please feel free for any follow up query.

Best wishes.