Dr. Chip
Dr. Chip, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  Over 20 yrs of Family Practice

Ive had hepatitis c for 13 yes now and havent had any problems

I’ve had hepatitis c for 13 yes now and haven't had any problems but lately my hair fell out scalp totally itchy. And my hands,neck broke out with with what looks like open little holes that itch like hell could this have something to do with the hep c
Hi--can you describe the hand problem a bit more and do you have any other medical conditions or take any madications?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
I'm sorry it's legs and yes conjestive heart failure due to ceneral sleep apnea high blood presure,arachnoiditis,degenerativedis disease cervical,lumbosacral spine w/radiculopathy,glucose intolerance,renal insufficiency chronic,meds for blood pressure,painmeds,vitiman d other vitimins, lovastinno strokes,heartattacks or any major things just fractures in both feet.
OK--and what exactly is the problem with your legs?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
They broke my neck little open holes that.itch
Sorry--like little sores or ulcers?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
I'm sorry not sores and believe or not I can't think what an ulcer open round on my neck red and I'm black medium color also my neck swollen some look like my neck was 100yrs
Old.legs lower bottom on both indented round open itch I put some clobetasol propionate cream ISP,0.05% on neck which I had for thinning of Bahia wall after wks it went away but am having no luck with legs.
OK--have you had your thyroid function tested recently?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Yes 6mths ago they're ok
OK--is there a change in the texture of your scalp--scaing, sores, anything?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Yes it was so dry with little bumps I I tryed everything even pure olive oil tat only worked for a minute Imy scalp is still dry the texture of the hair that's very dry and course I use to have curly soft hairvery very thick
OK--two thoughts here. First off, if your TSH in your thyroid panel is 3.0 or above, you should be considered hypothryoid and treated for that since this could be your major problem. Second, you need to be screened for autoimmune disorders like lupus with a sed rate, ANA, rheumatoid factor, and a C reactive protein level. Either one of these possibilities could be causing all your symptoms.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
That.KS but I had my thyroids checked can you get lupus at any age Also in 1982 I was at a level for Caner of the uterus and had full hstorectomy could that mean anything since doctor says I have thinning of the Kunming of the vagina couple yes ago and I'm still haabing irradiation?
No, this has nothing to do with your uterus or with cancer. Yes you can get lupus at any age. But your doctor may not be aware of the new guidelines for hypothyroidism so you should check to make sure your TSH level was lower than 3.0