Dr. Chip
Dr. Chip, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  Over 20 yrs of Family Practice
18722459

Doctor chip, The last couple of days I have been talking to

Doctor chip,
The last couple of days I have been talking to another doctor on here about soreness in my breast. I explained I take prenenolone 25 mg and DHEA 25 mg 1 each a day. I have taken either of them in about 3 or 4 days and the soreness has gone away some BUT my hot flashes are back in full force and my sleeping is getting interrupted again. Any ideas here?
Hi. How long were you on those meds?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
One year.
And the breast soreness--has that been a problem since you started them?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

no not at all it just started about a week ago. and its like tenderness.

its has subsided some since I haven't had the pills in 3 or 4 days. Although I was thinking about taking the DHEA today because the doctor said I need to slowly back off of that one. Can this stuff harm you? I thought it was a natural way to help my thyroid and hot flashes. In which the hot flashes are back ten fold.

Remind me--have you had a mammogram in the past year? And your breasts are actually tender to the touch?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

no I havent had a mammogram this year yet. No actually they are not tender to the touch and no redness or lumps. Its on the outer side of them they are tender some and I having been sleeping in a sports bra they are feeling better now that I was taking the two pills.

OK. While the two meds are generally safe to take, you should let your doctor know you're taking them. That said, yes it is possible they could cause breast tenderness and that wouldn't be dangerous. It would seem that they do cover you for the menopausal symptoms so they obviously would help with those if the breast pain subsides. You should have your doctor examine your breasts though.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Doctor so am I safe to start taking them again maybe every other day?

As I said, I think it's safe but if you haven't told you doctor about taking them, you should.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I did put them down on a medicine sheet when I started seeing her so she should know my meds and vitamins I am taking. I won't be seeing her for a while.

Then that's fine and you can start them up again.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thanks Doctor. I hope things have well for you!!!!! Have a great week!!!

I've been good, thanks, XXXXX XXXXX on me any time