Dr Basu
Dr Basu, Experienced Specialist
Experience:  MD
23744323

Im a 25 year old male. I have had digestive issues over the

Im a 25 year old male. I have had digestive issues over the last few months. Had a colonoscopy and endoscopy back in March and everything came back ok. The last few weeks i have had some what of light colored stools off and on. This morning i was very scared as my stools almost looked white. I have went to the bathroom again and they still look pale/white. Im in no pain, urine color is fine and no jaundice, had too full meals today so my appetite is good. I also had blood work done back in March for liver and pancreas and everything came back normal. I recently tried to go gluten free since i thought maybe i was gluten intolerant. I have been on that for a month. I still have gluten things here and there. Yesterday, i did have chicken fingers with lots of breading on them. Could that cause my stools to change?

mysticdoc :

The views expressed by me are for educational purposes only and do not establish a doctor patient relationship.

mysticdoc :

Hi there,

I am Mysticdoc, experienced Internal Medicine Specialist.

I am here to help you with your concerns.

mysticdoc :

Pale or white stool can be seen if there is no enough bacterial action on the stool pigments.

mysticdoc :

If the stool passes fast through your intestinal tract, then the yellow color may not be seen.

mysticdoc :

Gluten intolerance can cause this as well.

Customer:

do you believe that if i had a under lying condition that i would have more symptoms?

mysticdoc :

yes definitely.

mysticdoc :

and you had normal tests

mysticdoc :

so this is not concerning.

Customer:

even though the tests where done in march, its not enough time for something to all of a sudden pop up? if there was something wrong, my blood work would have shown something in march?

mysticdoc :

yes correct

mysticdoc :

it is not possible to have something serious so sudden without any other symptoms.

Customer:

and i know being 25, pancreatic cancer isnt pretty much impossible?

Customer:

is*

mysticdoc :

yes it is very rare --not possible in reality

Customer:

ok. you have given me peace of mind. thank you Dr.

mysticdoc :

very welcome

mysticdoc :

do not worry

mysticdoc :

Best wishes,

Please rate the chat Good or Excellent, if you are satisfied with our conversation and do not have any further question, so that I get rewarded for my time & effort. Thank you!

Please bookmark my profile for asking further questions!
This is the link to my profile:
http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-mysticdoc/

Customer:

thank you

mysticdoc :

very welcome