Dr. Arun Phophalia, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  MBBS, MS (General Surgery), Fellowship in Sports Medicine

my daughter is 2 years old

my daughter is 2 years old and has some congestion in her chest and has been coughing a lot. I started to give her breathing treatments for the last 3 days. She seems to be a little better, but last night she cough constantly and was restless while she was trying to et to sleep. She also cough a bit this morning at day care when I drop her off. I have not been to a doctor yet. How long should l wait until I do so? Hopefully I am on the right track with her breathing treatment and she will not need further treatment. She has been suffering with ashma for a about a 1 year and ahalf now. Can't wait till she grows out of it cause her meds are expensive plus it can get tiring to treat a baby with ashma for both of us. She fights me everytime I try to treat her.

Hello Tasha,
I am Dr. Arun and will be helping you today.

Has she fever, decreased appetite, shortness of breath (or become unusually breathless when playing / running)?
Any significant past medical illness apart from asthma?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

she had a fever Friday morning of a 100.7 but I treated that with Tylenol and it eventually went away. That morning she wanted to lie down by that after noon she seem fine and started to run around the apartment. She was treated with bronchitis in the past 2 times and she was given antibotics for that and ashma before.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

She also gets the running nose when she sneezes also.

Hello Tasha,

A 2 year old, with persistent cough for 3 days with a history of fever and restlessness today, should be evaluated ideally by a doctor. Since she got better by the breathing treatment; it is in all likelihood asthma responsible for the cough. But there can be concomitant issues too like viral sinusitis or pneumonia (which has very mild symptoms). So going to a doctor today or tomorrow would be advised. If she develops fever or shortness of breath or increased cough, an immediate evaluation would be recommended.

Please feel free for your follow up questions.

I would be happy to assist you further, if you need any more information.

Thanks for using Just Answer.