Dr. Chip
Dr. Chip, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  Over 20 yrs of Family Practice
18722459

Doc still having nausea and headaches

Doc still having nausea and headaches
You really didn't mention headaches before and we've talked about the nausea.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Yea I do have a mild headache now as well

So what exactly is your concern here?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

My concern is it has been 8 to 10 days of me feeling not physically normal, which means having these symptoms of nausea, lightheadedness and mild headaches as well as mild stomach aches in morning.

I just want to get to the bottom of it so i haveat least an idea of when something like this will clear up, if there is any type of medication i should take for it and if i need an mri/cat scan on my head and heart.

You still haven't made it clear about the lightheadedness--as I told you before I don't know what feeling like you're walking on water means.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Ok I sometimes feel a slight lack of balance

Do you actually stagger or tilt off center?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I don't stagger...Maybe a slight tilt

And how long does this last and how often does it happen?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

it's not every time i walk to be honest. When it does happen it last for a few seconds I would say

And I suppose that if I suggested this was just anxiety that wouldn't calm your fears?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

it might but...there is nothing in my life right now that i am really, really anxious about right now except these symptoms that have popped up over last 8 to 10 days. And I was not really even worried about my worst fear prior to them occuring so I don't think my worst fear triggered the symptoms.

I know the ER results all came out fine but a few things they didnt do was a cat scan or ultrasound. I heard also that when people have headaches or nausea doctors also look into your nose and ears, etc? What procedure is that?

That's just looking into the mouth with a light and maybe a tongue depressor and looking in the ears with an instrument called an otoscope and I'm sure you have that done before. And why would the Er doc do a ct scan or an ultrasound with how you presented? And you've been anxious about your health for quite some time so whenever minor symptoms arise I'm sure your anxiety does kick in
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Well I told the Er doc pretty much exactly what I told you...they could have done a cat scan i guess if urged them to but i didnt end up urging them to

There'd be no need to after they examined you--mild headaches don't require a scan of the brain
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

what about heart?

What makes you think you have a heart problem? With a normal blood pressure and pulse in the ER along with listening to your heart I certainly wouldn't consider that you had a cardiac problem.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Ok I guess i am just taking guesses. just frustrated that i havent found the root cause

I've given you some of the root cause--your extreme anxiety and the need to think there's something very serious going on with you. That's why I keep telling you you need some therapy and I think cognitive behavioral therapy would be excellent for you
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

i guess if you say so

Why do you find it so hard to accept that possibility?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

people know their bodies well right...i feel i know when something is off even if i cant pinpoint theexact root cause...to just say chalk it up to anxiety seems like atoo easy answer

Sorry for the delay--had to be off. So where exactly do we go from here--do you think getting an MRI of your brain and a thorough cardiac evaluation would put your fears to rest?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I am seeing my PCP this Thursday to get checked out. I will I guess ask him if I should see a GI or Cardiologist and if I need an mri or ultrasound on my heart and head.

What do you think I should do?

I think first you should let your PCP take charge and decide what might be needed here but you really aren't describing either a heart or a brain problem
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

ok...i know you will be frustrated that i asked this but are u sure none of the things i have described are symptoms of the worst fear?

Not at all and again, HIV syptoms take a much lower white blood cell count and a depressed immune system, neither of which you have. Let me know how it goes with your PCP
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Could I also have mono possibly?

Possibly but that usually involves a fever, very sore throat, joint pains and fatigue--not really what you're describing here.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Could it be an upper respiratory infection?

Why are you thinking that since none of what you've told me points to that?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Well at times I am breathing a little differently, esp at night. Breathing a little harder i think...

A respiratory tract infection involves a cough, usually with not-clear sputum, maybe some wheezing and chest rattling, but not just a little harder breathing
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

i see, thank God for you Doc! I would be an even more anxious mess if you weren't here

My pleasure--any time
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

By the way, if you have a whitehead on a zit...that means there is pus?

Yes
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hi Doc,

I continue to feel a little off physically in the mornings when I wake up but feel better after I shower and am usually back to feeling more normal within an hour or two after showering and using the bathroom.

By awful, I mean stomach ache and hung over like even though I had nothing ot drink the previous night...what gives?

So you're saying that, say this morning that's what was going on?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Yea pretty much for last 8, 9 days though some nights i had drinks the evening before but not all nights and the symptoms are coming even when i dont have drinks like this past morning

So try again to tell me what the stomach ache is all about and also this hung over feeling. Seriously, you need to give me a better description than somewhat vague terms
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

well my stomach feels as if it's in knots and as for the hung over part i am obviously not hung over cuz i had no alcohol last nigth but the sensation i feel is as if was hungover...the weird thing is after i use the restroom and shower i am feeling more normal again within an hour or two

Sorry but hung over doesn't really tell me much--I need specific symptoms. And a stomach in knots also doesn't really describe it well
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

i really dont know how else to describe it...hung over is the best analogy i could come up with

Well, for example, I assume someone who's hung over might have the following--headache, thirst, dry mouth, a bit of nausea and maybe feeling a little tired. That's the kind of description I need from you
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

i would say nausea.

So what you're calling hung over is just feeling a little sick to your stomach?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

yes i guess so...one thing i will say though is that my lightheadedness and nause has disappeared during day.

My saliva again tastes weird though...almost like a bitter taste which i told u about 4 mos or so ago

Well there are times when you take very minor, temporary things and blow them way out of proportion. Not trying to put you down but this is why I so strongly suggest some therapy because I think you have an anxiety/obsessive compulsive problem with your health
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

i know i know...but why are all these things happening to me this year...i never had this many symptoms before in my life this persitently

I think perhaps the psychological problem was there before just this year and somehow you got HIV in your head and that's basically colored your reaction to everything else, and really, your health problems, while they are very serious in your own mind, are all just simple nondangerous things that I see in patients all the time
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Doc you there? I feel awful today? Didn't go in to work...

Yes, I'm here but you need to rate this page again and then we can start on a new page
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

rated, starting new page...

OK but it needs to be a truly new page