Hello and welcome, Frank.
Though yawning is associated with boredom and fatigue a sudden onset of too frequent yawning should be investigated for the various causes in your age group;
1) cardiac tamponade
2) air hunger due to any reason
4) raised intracranial tensions
5) progressive supranuclear palsy,
6) multiple sclerosis
Please read this resource;
This can be LPR, as you mentioned. Following are helpful measures:
1) antacids; Maalox
2) acid blocker; Prilosec / Zantac
3) loosing weight, if overweight.
4) avoiding alcohol, citrus fruits and juices, chocolate, and tomato based products
5) avoiding large meals. Eat 5 small meals in a day.
6) wait three hours after the meal before you sleep.
7) elevate head end of the be by 8 inches.
For reflux, following also would be helpful;
1) Nux Vomica
C. Nutrition and supplements;
1) Multivitamin; vitamins A, C, E, the B vitamins, and trace minerals, such as magnesium, calcium, zinc, and selenium.
2) Probiotic supplement
3) Omega 3 fatty acid
4) Avoid; cookies, crackers, cakes, French fries, onion rings, donuts, processed foods, and margarine.5) Also avoid; white breads, pastas, and especially sugar, red meats,
6) Eat lean meats, cold water fish, tofu, beans, olive oil.
Please feel free for your follow up questions.
I would be happy to assist you further, if you need any more information.
Thanks for using Just Answer.
We have recently implemented a new rating and feedback system. Please be aware that you are rating my courtesy and service as a professional. If you have any questions whatsoever, or there is anything I can clarify for you, please temporarily bypass the rating system by clicking “Continue the Conversation” or "Reply."
Clicking either of the lowest two options reflects poorly on me so please reply to me if there is anything else I can do to help before choosing those options. I appreciate your patience while we work out the kinks. It's important to me that you are 100% satisfied with the service I have provided you. Thank you.