Dr. Brims
Dr. Brims, U.S. Licensed Physician
Experience:  U.S. Licensed Physician, general surgery and internal medicine experience

I have a corpus lutem cyst on my right ovary.. i know that

I have a corpus lutem cyst on my right ovary.. i know that there is chance of pregnancy and a chance of absorption ( meaning I know this cyst only means that I can ovulate) if I induce myself with progesterone suppositories ( which I was prescribed during my last pregnancy which ended in miscarriage) will the chances of the corpus luteum cyst going down the pregnancy route increase.. I know a but risky, but i thought its a bit logical.

Thanks,
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr. Brims replied 9 months ago.

Dr Brims :

Hello, welcome to the site! My name isXXXXX and I will try to assist you with your medical question, and any medical information you seek

Dr Brims :

May I ask how large the cyst is?

Customer:

Hello Dr. Brims,

Customer:

My Question is fairly simple.. I have corpus luteal cyst which indicates I am in the luteal phase..

Customer:

If I induce myself with progesterone suppositories at this phase will it increase the chance of pregnancy..

Dr Brims :

I understand, I asked how large the cyst is, this will determine if it is likely for it to develop symptoms

Customer:

4cm

Dr Brims :

The progesterone will not affect the cyst and will not cause it to grow, rupture or cause pregnancy

Customer:

Ok so basically I should just let nature take its course

Dr Brims :

Yes, you should allow for the natural process to run its course

Customer:

Thats unfortunate, I read some literature that suggest that progesterone suppository induction during the luteal phase would increase the chance of pregnancy ( i included the link, http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2695240/).

Customer:

did the size of the cyst determine your answer. Basically the fact that the cyst is only 4cm mean anything at this phase.

Dr Brims :

I have read the main points in the article

Dr Brims :

This is a take home message at the conclusion

Dr Brims :

"The intent of this manuscript was not to provide proof that progesterone therapy improves the chances of a live birth following IVF-ET or in other circumstances, eg, women with infertility, those requiring follicle stimulating drugs or those with a history of previous miscarriage"

Dr Brims :

Taken from the summary and conclusion section

Customer:

Thanks, XXXXX XXXXX I am so hopeful I did not pay attention those specifics.

Dr Brims :

The size of the cyst just provided information that told me that you are unlikely to develop symptoms, which I wanted to make sure of

Dr Brims :

You're quite welcome

Customer:

Symptoms of pregnancy or of a adverse event

Dr Brims :

Symptoms of an adverse event

Customer:

ok thanks again you have been very helpful and patient with this desperate patient.

Dr Brims :

You're very welcome

Dr Brims :

I am happy I could help

Customer:

May you have a great day and it was a pleasure chatting with you.. God bless.

Dr Brims :

If you have any questions in the future, you may request me by starting the question with "Dr Brims" and I will answer

Dr Brims :

Same to you

Customer:

will do.. I already saved your name.

Dr. Brims, U.S. Licensed Physician
Experience: U.S. Licensed Physician, general surgery and internal medicine experience