Dr. Anil Kumar
Dr. Anil Kumar, General Physician
Experience:  M.D. with over 30 years of experience in practice.
4713694

I have been having mild chest discomfort for 5 days. It is

I have been having mild chest discomfort for 5 days. It is not pain. It also feels different from reflux symptoms, which I occasionally have. It is the in center and radiates
mildly either left or right. Is it something to be concerned about?
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr. Anil Kumar replied 1 year ago.
Sorry for late reply and inconvenience.
Is it burning sensation?
Heaviness in chest?
Tightness in chest?
Shortness of breath?
Alcohol and smoking history?
Are you taking any medications?
Any other medical history?
Stress and anxiety?
Fever?
Cough?

Thanks.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

It is a heavy feeling in the center of the chest - not tightness, not burning; no SOB.

I would not call it pain, but it is uncomfortable enough that I notice it. I have never smoked. I have a glass of wine with dinner each evening.

Medical hx is extensive. I have severe RA and take Methotrexate and Orencia infusion for that. 5 yrs. ago I had a fundoplication for a stomach that was 90% in the thoracic cavity. Now have a chronic cough as a result of reflux, but never have acid relfux. Take Nexium for that. I had reflux pain before the surgery, but it was in a different spot and felt different than this does. I also take atorvastatin for elevated cholesterol.

Thanks for providing more information.

Well any sort of chest discomfort shouldn't be ignored and EKG must be done in your case.

I understand that this discomfort is different and however it can be related to Ischemic Heart disease.

Sometimes heart attack can be silent with no symptoms.

So it's good to consult your doctor ASAP for a clinical examination rather than consider wait & watch approach.

Other possible causes may include Gastritis, Cholecystitis, Costochondritis.

So I strongly advise to consult your doctor or visit ER ASAP.

I hope this helps.
If you have any further query then feel free to ask.
Positive feedback and bonus are highly appreciated.
Thank you.

Dr. Anil Kumar, General Physician
Experience: M.D. with over 30 years of experience in practice.