Dr. Chip
Dr. Chip, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  Over 20 yrs of Family Practice

Hey I have a lump on the shaft of my penis, its gotten bigger

Hey I have a lump on the shaft of my penis, it's gotten bigger and I'm scared. I tried to pop it and a puss like substance came out but it's still big. I'm really scared please help
Hi--how long have you had this and was it ever sore or red?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Yes it's sore and red so you need a picture?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
About 2 weeks
Is it just a smooth lump with normal skin over it and was the substance that came out of it somewhat like cottage cheese?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Yes and yes
OK--nothing too serious then. Not an STD and not cancer, if either one of those was a concern of yours. This is a simple sebaceous cyst--a clogged oil gland. You can often squeeze most of the contents out of these, but then they usually fill up again. So if it bothers you, you'll need to have a doctor excise the entire cyst under local anesthesia. Know that doesn't sound like much fun, but really not too painful and it will completely resolve the problem.