Dr. Anil
Dr. Anil, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  M.B.B.S.M.D with over 30 years of experience in this medical field.
4713694

I am having a total knee replacement in the morning, and the

I am having a total knee replacement in the morning, and the Dr is removing a partial knee replacement and putting in a new knee. Is this surgery more painful than just a normal knee replacement with no partial?
Well total knee replacement can cause slightly more pain than partial however not so much.
And general anesthesia should be given to make you unalert and unable to feel pain during the procedure.
Even regional(spinal or epidural)anesthesia can be given to numb you below your waist.
You will also receive medicines to make you relax or feel sleepy.
So i understand your concern about pain but if you are still having pain after partial knee replacement and difficulty in walking & other movements so total knee replacement is excellent procedure for you.
It may takes 4-6 weeks to get full recovery.
I wish good luck to you.

I hope this helps.
Feel free for any further query.
Positive feedback and bonus are highly appreciated.
Thanks.