Dr. Chip
Dr. Chip, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  Over 20 yrs of Family Practice
18722459

I am absolutely livid My sister was bartendin last night

Customer Question

I am absolutely livid My sister was bartendin last night and this guy asked marty what it was like screwing me. My sister replies you better shut your mouth and he said hes the mayor of our tow andcan say whatever the hell
He wants.
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
Don't take this the wrong way but how can we be sure it was the mayor? Did Marty have any response?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Because were from
A small town in it was the mayor. My sister wont tell me martys reply. But who asks someone that
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
The equivalent of a slut in male form.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Im so mad. First of all the mayor knew she was my sister. And secondly not everyone at the bar needs to know that
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
Well, good for you sister with standing up to him. And, like I said, he's a slut
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Now everyone at the bar knows
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
Well, nothing wrong with two consenting adults having a sexual relationship
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The bar doesnt need to know how i do in bed
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
Well, that depends on what Marty said and I guess we'll never know
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Im hurt that he would do tgat
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
Sorry--had to be off. So what can I say about this?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Nothing i guess
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
OK
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Do you think my eating disorder is as bad as it was last summer
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
Not for right now, no, but it's one of those things that could kick in at any time
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Is aciphex beyter than nexium?
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
They both work in about the same way
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Is it possible in the 2 weeks ive been off the reflux meds that i could have developed some more ulcers
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
Hard to say since we're not sure what's causing the ulcers
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
But is it possible
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
Possible but not likely
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
How long will it take for the meds to work?
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
We keep going round and round on this. They "work" within 24 hours as far as lowering stomach acid but that's all I can say about that
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok. Can you tell me about this scan?
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
What do you need to know?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
What i do for it. I know that i have to go there 3 times. They said they would explain it wheni get there. I also know the night before they do the last picture i have to drink a bottle of mag citrate
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
It's basically just a matter of injecting you with the octreotide and then doing a nuclear medicine scan and then repeating it the next day
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Why the mag citrate? And if this dcan is negative then no tumors?
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
Just to clean out your colon and yes, no tumors if negative
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
And then no more investigation needed?
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
Probably not but you're asking me to step in as the Mayo doctor and I can't predict what he may say after that
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Alright. What do you think of doung a secretin test
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
Was that mentioned?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
My gi dr at home did.
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
Did he say why specifically?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I dont think he said
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
It has two reasons--looking for a gastrinoma which, since I doubt he was considering that, probably wasn't the reason, and to see if the pancreas is producing proper amounts of digestive enzymes.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
He mentioned it after i
Told him about the elevated gastrin and the octreotide scan. He said tjat we could do the secretin test at the clinic
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
Well, no need for both tests and the octreotide is more specific for the gastrinoma
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The secretin test is probably cheaper. I will drop this subject now
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
OK--anything else?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I woulda had to take a lot more than i did last night before it woulda hurt me?
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
Yes but still taking both, when just the lorazepam does what it does to you, only would make it worse the next day
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It was dumb of me
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
Well, just don't do both again--one or the other per day, but not both
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Do you think i have an issue
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
How so?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I dont know. What kind of loser takes more meds than they should.
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
Someone who's just trying to blot out life and reality. Not a loser but just someone who's tired of fighting
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I use to take 6-7 remeron and ir wouls make me feel horrendous but i kept doinv it
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
What was it prescribed for?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Sleep. My psychiatrist said it woukd help with the flashbacks
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
Well, it's not uncommon for people to do things over and over somehow hoping the next time will be different. Don't really think it was the appropriate med for you
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have been on so many meds
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
With very little effective therapy added.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
My fault im not an open person. They also tried me on amityptaline and topamax
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
Well, it's never too late to start working on being open
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Do you think that there is something wrong with me besides depression ptsd and eating disorder? Like bipolar or schizophrenia. They run in the family
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
No to the schizophrenia and I doubt the bipolar--it would take getting you through effective therapy to determine if there's also a neurotransmitter problem
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I hate having a mental illness. Ni especially hate having ptsd
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
PSTD isn't your fault
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I still hate it. I hate the nightmares. Idk why the people that caused it dont have to go through it. I woukd have rather been raped by a stranger than be abused by my own family members
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
Well, we're back to having resentments and, again, the person you resent doesn't lose sleep over it
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
How am i not suppose to resent them
When i have nightmares most night
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
The resentment is human and natural but you have to let go of the resentment and that involves being open and discussing the real feelings with a therapist. You, in a sense, forgive, but you don't forget.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I know. At one point my therapist recommended emdr
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
Sorry--I was off EMDR can help with anxiety and a bit on PTSD but it's not a substitute for therapy
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Have you ever tried hurting yourself
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
No. Came close to deciding on you know what once but didn't go through with it.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Domyou think ill ever do it
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
I don't think so, no
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
My biggest fear is ill take a bunch and itll be too much and ill die. A couple of times when i took the remeron i slept for all day and noght and was so pissed i woke up so the next morning i took more
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
If you have fear about that it won't happen
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
You dont know that
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
So where are we going with this?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Idk. I have all these pills i shouldnt have such as doxepin, clonidine, rozerem
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
So flush them down the toilet.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Im sorry im botgering you with this stupid stuff
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
No bother but get rid of the pills
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Do you worry about me?
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
Just a sensible suggestion. At least you won't have a pharmacy at hand to whack yourself out--that's like Marty's drinking.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I know
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
Anything else?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Im kinda freaking out a bit worrying about the possibility if being pregnant. Cuz if i am no way will marty leave me alone
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
Well, again you spin your wheels--you'll just have to take a pregnancy test or two and of course from now on, if that idea freaks you out, you know how to keep it from happening in the future
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
At the time i thought it be ok to
Have a baby. I know thats immature
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
Just a lack of good judgement. And you're looking for a quick fix and that usually doesn't pan out
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Anything else. Took some lorazepmam and am going to falls asleep
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I woke up just about in tears. My epigastric region hurts really bad
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
Tell me more
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Its epigastric and a little to the left. Its constant and feels stabby
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
Well, not much I can ever tell you in a situation like this since I can't examine you. The stock answer, I'm afraid, will always have to be have someone palpate your abdomen
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I kinda figured youd say tgat
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
Then why mention it?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Because i was hoping you wouldnt
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
What would you want me to say--just ride it out?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ya that its probably gastritis nothing more
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
Well it probably isn't too serious but I just can't tell you to wait--that has to be your decision alone. The page is getting long--anything else for now?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I need advice. My 19 year old sister has been going out with a40 year old guy. What do i do
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
Nothing on the surface wrong about that but she's a big girl
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Are you kidding me? He has a kid her age and shes slow
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
Well, I really don't know either of them so I was just saying the age differential can be a little concerning. But what do you want me to say--you should forbid her from seeing him? I doubt that will go over well
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
She is considered a vulnerable adult thats why at the age of 19 i still have guardianship over her
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
As I understand it the vulnerable adult act only refers to abuse by caregivers but really, this is something you should post a question in the legal section here.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Anyways
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
Anything else?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No not really. Im really nervous for tomorrow
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
What's tomorrow?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have the start the scan tomorrow
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
So why nervous--because you might be pregnant?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
That smand because because it could show something. And because im really had at holding still for long periods of time
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
Well, again the what if's--I don't think it will show something but we'll have to see. And, of course, you should call them today and talk about the possibly being pregnant. Time to close the page please.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
What do i tell them
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
Simple--when you had sex, when your last period was, etc.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I think im just going to do the scan. I canttake a pregnancy test until the 25th anyways.
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
OK--let me know how it goes
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Do you think that id an ok plan? And if i am pregnant can i still get scoped? And it it true that gastritis can cause elevated gastrin level
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
Atrophic gastritis can raise the level and yes you need the scan and you can be scoped even if your pregnant. Now, seriously--enough for this page
Dr. Chip, Doctor (MD)
Experience: Over 20 yrs of Family Practice
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
My tummy isnt getting any better
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
Again, what can I say?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Its like an 8.5/10
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
But what can I say? Again I can't examine you and if it's that bad it has to be evaluated, no question about it
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I dont want to get evaluated. I have an appt with mayo dr on Wednesday
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
Then what do you want me to say? I can't just say don't worry it'll pass. It may very well pass but if you and I were on the phone and I was your real doctor I'd say you have to go to the ER
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I dont know what i want yoy to do. Ive been laying here for the last couple hours in pain
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
So I guess you'll just have to suffer through. Sorry, it's not that I don't care but there's nothing I can do for it
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
But it hurts
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
Come on--seriously--we're just chatting about your pain. Let's stop the conversation now if that's all we're going to talk about
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
How come you are not married?
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
Why should I be?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Because its the norm
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
Says others I guess but I don't follow the same drummer
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I see
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
Came close a couple of times, but no go
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
How come? Do you date?
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
Mutual decisions it wasn't the right thing to do and I think I just wasn't made for marriage or a long term relationship. And no, at least, not lately
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Why is that?
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
Why is what?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
That you feel you werent made for marriage or a long term relationship
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
Well, I think it probably--as I think I told you before what a psychiatrist friend of mine told me--that my mother became emotionally detached from me somewhere between the ages of 6 and 18 months. Not her fault at all, just the way it was and she wasn't capable of giving me what I needed at that time. Plus the fact that I've been "alone" most of my life, even when I was with someone else.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Whyd she become emotionally unattached to you at such a young age? You were just a baby
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
I think it was many factors, but since she and my father were both 40 when I was born, I may well have been unexpected and to a point, unwanted. Then she was a single mom from the get-go--my father was an alcoholic and although they were married they lived in separate towns from the time I was born. She probably was overwhelmed with taking care of a baby and working and all that
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
But then why didnt she give you away so you cod have grown up in a nurturing home?
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
Well, I know she loved me in her own way and things like that just weren't done where I grew up. And she probably didn't realize what was going on.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I see. Did you love your mom and your dad
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
That's a hard one--I'm not sure I'm capable of love, at least in the since that a lot of people think of it. I only saw my dad maybe five or six weekends a year up to the age of 12 and then I only saw him once more before he died
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Why arent you capable of love? I thoyght everyone was capable of live except serial killers. Are you a serial killer?
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
No--just that I don't have the capability to totally bond with someone else. And it would seem that you're thinking of the definition of love that I somehow think isn't really love. I'm certainly not heartless and I'm sure my friends would tell you I'm a very caring and loyal friend and that I will go out of my way to help others, but I wouldn't call any of that love.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I dont think i have the capability to totally bond with other people either.

Why did you become a doctor and not something else? Can you eat foods that have alcohol in them? Did you need to find a whole group of friends to hang with after you quit drinking? How come you became an alcoholic and not a meth addict? How come you stll help me?
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
Not at all sure about the doctor thing--just decided I would be one at about age 8 and never changed my mind. Didn't really need to find the friends--they were supplied to me with the 25 others I was in treatment with for six months, then in the halfway house for six months, and then through AA. Addiction is addiction--whether it's booze or other drugs. I help you for three reasons--it's my job here that I signed on for, it's what I do as a doctor, and I care a lot about you
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Do you still go to AA? How often? Do you help people in AA? Because you are very helpful. Can you tell if people in AA are going to start drinking again? Do you really believe in the 12 step program? Have you ever traveled the world or ever want to? Do you set goals for yourself? How many patients do you see a day? Do your patients know you are an alcoholic? Why do you really care about me? Im sorry if im being bothersome
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
Yes--at least twice a week. Of course--that's the thrust of the 12th step and I also sponsor several people. It takes one to know one, so, sometimes, yes, but even after 33 years I'll never say to anyone that I'm 100% certain I'll never drink again. Yes to the 12 step program but it isn't for everyone. Yes to the goals. About 20+ a day. My father died when I was 19 and my mother when I was 27 and I think she may have thought I had a drinking problem. I care about you because I care about hurting people and I've been where you've been to a certain extent. And absolutely no bother.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
What kind of goals do you set for yourself? Are they big goals or little goals? Do you attain them all? Are you a perfectionist? Did you get good grades in school? Why do you have cats and not dogs or why not a bird? Do you care about everybody? Have you ever fired a patient from your practice?
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
Staying sober one day at a time, doing my best every day in work and life--no major long-term goals at my age. Yes I am a perfectionist but I've for the most part overcome that neurosis. I had a 3.85 GPA in college. Didn't do quite so well in med school due to all my drinking, but a B average there. Never considered a bird but wouldn't mind having one. I care about everybody but moreso about certain people. Yes I have
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Why do yoy spend all hours of the day helping me? Why do you help me when im mean? Whyd you start helping me in the first place? Do you ever wish that i wouldnt bother you every day?
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
Like I told you, my friends will attest to my loyalty and it helps me in many ways--including staying sober--by helping others. I saw from the get-go how much emotional pain you were in. And, no, never wish that
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
How can you be friends with people on here? They could die tomorrow and you wouldnt know
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
Not at all sure what you meant by that?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I dont know how to explain it. Do we need to close this page?
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
To answer that, I can become friends with someone purely on line even if we never meet face to face. The page has gotten even longer so, yes we should close it and start a new on later.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Good night. I should probably get to bed since i have to be on the road by 5 am to head to mayo
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
Nite--sleep tight and let me know how it goes.
Dr. Chip, Doctor (MD)
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Tummy still hurts. Just got the injection now wait 4 hours until the first set of pictures
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
OK--let me know how it goes and I assume you told the doctor about the stomach ache
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Dont see the dr until tomorrow. Ill
Get the resulta tomorrow
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
OK--later then