Dr. Saha
Dr. Saha, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  35 years of experience
8227957

I am not sure on the category, I have a headache all the time

I am not sure on the category, I have a headache all the time sometimes so bad I black out my bp is a little high 148/92 my sugar ranges 100-140 what else could cause these headaches. I do take iron sups.
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr. Saha replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for your question,

I’m Dr. Saha and I’ll try to help you.

When did the headache start?

Do you have any other symptom?

In which part of the head?

Do you take any medicine for blood pressure?

Do you have any other illness?

Expert:  Dr. Saha replied 1 year ago.

Hello Richard,

I was waiting for your reply.

There can be different causes for the headache.

But when you are about to black out from it,

I would suggest to get an examination by doctor without delay.

You need to rule out any brain or vascular issues.

CT scan or MR angio can be taken if doctor feels after examination.

Fasting sugar of that level would not cause such headache.

Your blood pressure is running high.

That needs an evaluation too.

I hope this information helps.

I will be happy to assist, if you need any clarification.

Please feel free for any follow up query.

Best wishes.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I HAVE HAD THESE HEADACHES SINCE I WAS 8 HAD A SEVERE LOSS OF WHITE BLOOD CELL COUNT WAS JUST MINUTES FROM TRANSFUSION BUT OUR RELIGION FORBADE IT. HAVE NO OTHER SYMPTOMS AND TAKE NO MEDS STRONGER THAN TYLENOL. I HAVE NO OTHER ILLNESS THAT I KNOW ABOUT.

Expert:  Dr. Saha replied 1 year ago.
How frequently do you have this headache?

In which part of the head?

What is the opinion of your doctor in these long years?

Which treatment did you receive?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

back of the head right above the neck is where the majority of the pain is. i always have a bit of a headache but 3-4 times a week it gets really bad. i have no insurance so i never see a doctor.

Expert:  Dr. Saha replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for further information,

The pain in the back of the head in this location can be from different causes.

It can be present in case of stress or tension.

Other causes can be in the brain or vascular headache.

High blood pressure, bleed or subarachnoid hemorrhage, meningitis can cause headache here.

But subarachnoid hemorrhage, meningitis are acute condition & does not fit in your case.

Occipital neuralgia can cause headache here due to irritation of nerve

Compression of nerve as it leaves the spine, tumor or an injury can cause headache here.

As the headache is so incapacitating that you black out, I would advise to consult doctor for an examination & tests as I mentioned before.

I hope this information helps.

Best wishes.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I WAS BORN WITH DOUBLE PNEUMONIA AND CONTRACTED SPINIAL MENEGITIS WITH IN HOURS AND WAS NOT EXPECTED TO LIVE. I DO HAVE A BP THAT IS A LITTLE HIGH. SOMETIMES I CAN BARELY MOVE MY HEAD TO THE RIGHT WITHOUT ALOT OF PAIN BUT THIS DOES NOT ALWAYS OCCUR WITH A HEADACHE THOUGH. I GUESS I DO ALRIGHT FOR SOMEONE WHO WAS SUPPOSE TO DIE AT BIRTH.

Expert:  Dr. Saha replied 1 year ago.
Sorry to hear that you have gone through all the sufferings

Spine or disc disease, muscle spasm can cause pain while you try to move head in one direction.

Higher than normal blood pressure should be taken care of.

There are few lifestyle changes which you are likely aware already like avoiding smoking, taking less fat, maintaining ideal weight or BMI etc.

Regular exercise & walking will help a lot.

You have to restrict salt too.

Diet rich in vegetables, fruits, are good.

Here is a good link which can help you in planning your diet.

http://www.nhlbi.nih.gov/health/public/heart/hbp/dash/new_dash.pdf
Dr. Saha, Doctor (MD)
Experience: 35 years of experience
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

THANKS I ALREADY DO ALOT OF THAT BUT WILL LOOK AT WEBSITE TO SEE IF THERE IS ANYTHING I HAVE NOT TRIED.

Expert:  Dr. Saha replied 1 year ago.
You are always welcome.

Good luck.