Dr. Chip
Dr. Chip, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  Over 20 yrs of Family Practice

I have a question. I got fruit of the earths brand aloe vera

I have a question. I got fruit of the earths brand aloe vera juice 99.8% yesterday. I drank some of it yesterday and some of it today. Is it supposed to make me go to the bathroom? What is it good for? I have severe anxiety disorder and I try to eat healthy and do stuff right for me. Except I do smoke cigarettes.
Hi--can I first ask why you decided to try the aloe vera juice?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I think my grandma drinks it once in a while, so I figured it might be good for you. Ha Ha.

OK--the one problem with it is it can cause some indigestion. That said, so far there haven't been any scientific studies that definitely show that it is beneficial for digestion, weight loss, lowering cholesterol, etc. It can act as a laxative but I think probiotics are a much more effective way to maintain good colon health. So--botXXXXX XXXXXne--drink it if you'd like but don't be fooled by some of the advertisements about how good it is