Dr. Saha
Dr. Saha, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  35 years of experience
8227957

Last night my husband and I had rough sex and after we where

Last night my husband and I had rough sex and after we where done his penis got swollen and very bruised. He has no pain and he can still urinate. He says his penis tingles when he touches it but has no pain. He can still get hard also the head of his penis does not look the same.
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr. Saha replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for your question,

I’m Dr. Saha and I’ll try to help you.

How is the swelling now?

Did you hear any popping sound?

Is there any abnormal appearance of the head or glans?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

his penis looks almost as if was the color black. Their was no popping sound. The swelling has gone down a bit. Abnormal appearance, yes their is. the head of his penis is bent and his foreskin is not visble. But he has no pain and he can still urinate fine

Expert:  Dr. Saha replied 1 year ago.
How is the temperature of the penis?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

its normal Dr. Saha

Expert:  Dr. Saha replied 1 year ago.
Thank you Beatriz, for all the information.

I am sorry for the problem he is facing.

I would suggest to take an examination by doctor.

There can be trauma from rough sex which can cause blackish appearance from collection of blood/ bruise.

That would subside gradually with rest.

Fracture of penis is the worst complication from trauma during sex.

But as he can have erection & there was no popping sound, it may not have happened.

But still he should get the penis examined by doctor to make it certain.

I hope this information helps.

I will be happy to assist, if you need any clarification.

Please feel free for any follow up query.

Best wishes.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Dr. Saha, thank you very much for your feedback. How long does it usually take for the swelling to go down and is their anything he can do in the mean time to help the swelling go down besides rest. He did take some ibuprofen for the inflammation and is the appearance to the head a caused due to the swelling. Because that is my husbands main concern. Thank you

Expert:  Dr. Saha replied 1 year ago.

You are always welcome.

As it is a soft & dependent area, the swelling can take some time to regress.

It also depends on the degree of injury.

He can apply ice but please tell him to apply after wrapping in towel to avoid cold injury.

It helps in first 24-48 hours.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

one more question Dr. Saha, sorry, so is the appearance to the head of his penis a caused due to the swelling. Because that is my husbands main concern. Thank you

Expert:  Dr. Saha replied 1 year ago.
As the head or glans is the most dependent part of the penis, this can be affected more by swelling.

The trauma might have occurred there too.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Dr. Saha, so would it be safe to say that the penis is not fractured., since he has no pain and he can still have an erection and use the restroom? and if that is the case is it safe to wait until the week to see his physician?

Expert:  Dr. Saha replied 1 year ago.
Sorry, it is not possible to be certain from history alone.

I would suggest to get an examination soon.

If treatment is required, it needs to be done without delay.
Dr. Saha, Doctor (MD)
Experience: 35 years of experience