Family Physician, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  Emergency Medicine and Family Practice for over 26 years

Is it OK to take over the counter hay fever medicine at the

Is it OK to take over the counter hay fever medicine at the same time as an over the counter flu medicine such as ease-a-cold made by PharmaCare Laboratories Australia?
Do you have the list of ingredients for each of these medications?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

ease-a-cold contains Echinachea purpurea, Andrographis paniculata, Sambucus, Oleo europaea. We have not purchased the Hay fever medicine yet?

There is some preliminary evidence that several of the ingredients in th Ease-a-cold can interact with metabolism of some antihistamines used to treat allergies ("hay fever"), which can raise the levels in the body to dangerous levels.

While this is likely more theoretical than "real world" issue, I would personally NOT recommend using this medicine in combination with any other medications.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

So the recommended dose of ease-a-cold is one tablet 3-4 times a day, I'm guessing if she takes no more, waits 3-4 hours and then takes the hay fever medicine it should be ok? Is this correct?

I believe that would be reasonable. The primary concern would be continued use of both medications. Stopping the ease-a-cold and starting an antihistamine would likely not be a significant problem.

Hope she starts feeling better soon.