Dr. Arun Phophalia, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  MBBS, MS (General Surgery), Fellowship in Sports Medicine

3 weeks ago i had cold and 2 weeks ago i had chest pain and

3 weeks ago i had cold and 2 weeks ago i had chest pain and i went to the hospital got x- ray and blood work they said i have pneumonia i got medicition and 10 days go by my chest hurts more and its hard to breath

Hello Mike,
I am Dr. Arun and will be helping you today.

The increasing chest pain and hard to breath are indication of the evaluation again by your doctor. If you have persistent fever and cough; that too are indicative of an urgent evaluation by the physician. These symptoms can be due to;

1) incomplete resolution of the pneumonia.
2) antibiotic not completely efficacious against the causative organisms.

Your doctor is likely to change the antibiotic or put you on the injectable antibiotic (or a combination of antibiotic). You would also need a repeat chest x-ray and blood work. An high resolution CT scan of lung may also be sometimes needed for the complete evaluation.

Please feel free for your follow up questions.

I would be happy to assist you further, if you need any more information.

Thanks for using Just Answer.

We have recently implemented a new rating and feedback system. Please be aware that you are rating my courtesy and service as a professional. If you have any questions whatsoever, or there is anything I can clarify for you, please temporarily bypass the rating system by clicking “Continue the Conversation” or "Reply."

Clicking either of the lowest two options reflects poorly on me so please reply to me if there is anything else I can do to help before choosing those options. I appreciate your patience while we work out the kinks. It's important to me that you are 100% satisfied with the service I have provided you. Thank you.