A. Schuyler, NP
A. Schuyler, NP, Nurse Practitioner
Experience:  Board Certified NP, MS, RN. 25 years private practice & hospitalist
3157612

Wife has numbness in her arm and leg and can barely use her

Wife has numbness in her arm and leg and can barely use her right leg. What is the reason?

Welcome to our service and thanks for your question. Let me introduce myself. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will do whatever is possible to help with your question.

Is this a new symptom today or how long has she had this numbness and lack of use of her right leg?

Is it her right arm that is affected as well?

Looking forward to continuing our conversation,

Schuyler

ξ

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

y wife has had this symptom for over 3 days and her right arm is affected as well.

I'm sorry, but she needs to see a medical provider to learn the cause. One possible cause is a stroke and she needs to be evaluated for that.

There is no way to tell what the cause is without a hands-on examination and some tests, which she needs to have right away.

Any one-sided weakness needs to be evaluated on an emergency basis because a stroke is the most common cause of that symptom.

Please let me know if you have questions,

Best regards,

Schuyler

ξ