A. Schuyler, NP
A. Schuyler, NP, Nurse Practitioner
Experience:  Board Certified NP, MS, RN. 25 years private practice & hospitalist

Hi, Im going to the Philippines the last week of Nov. what

Customer Question

Hi, I'm going to the Philippines the last week of Nov. what do I need in the way of health,
shots etc. thanks Al
Category: Health
Expert:  A. Schuyler, NP replied 3 years ago.

Answers provided are for informational use only and do not confer patient-provider relationship. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will help you.

In addition to having your routine age-appropriate vaccinations up to date (pneumococcal, meningococcal, shingles, flu, Td/Tdap, HPV, and Hepatitis A & B), you will need typhoid vaccine. If you are going to be away more than a month or spend a lot of time out of doors you will also need the Japanese encephalitis immunization. Also, malaria preventive, and even rabies if you will be camping, caving or doing another activity that might expose you to the bite of a rabid animal.

A travel medicine specialist, or even your local pharmacist may carry all the vaccines you require.

Please let me know if you have questions.

Best regards,