Dr. Brims
Dr. Brims, U.S. Licensed Physician
Experience:  U.S. Licensed Physician, general surgery and internal medicine experience

I fell on my bicycle and my seat hit me very hard in the area

I fell on my bicycle and my seat hit me very hard in the area between my anus and my testicles. I am now VERY bruised and the area to the side of my anus is very swollen and the area in between my anus is swollen. Is there anything major that I could have ruptured or do you think this swelling will go down if I continue ice, ibuprofen and warm baths. It has been a week now. All of the bruising is almost gone except my butt cheek is still purple. Thank you
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr. Brims replied 12 months ago.

Dr Brims :

Hello, welcome to the site! My name isXXXXX and I will try to assist you with your medical question, and any medical information you seek

Dr Brims :

I'm sorry to hear about this

Dr Brims :

When did this occur?

Customer:

fourth of july

Customer:

I cannot ride at this point at all. sitting is a challenge. My entire scrotum swelled three times the size as did my penis. I was bruised from the top of my butt cheek to the tip of my penis.

Customer:

are you still there?

Dr Brims :

yes

Dr Brims :

Sorry

Dr Brims :

I could not see your replies

Dr Brims :

Has the swelling decreased since the injury?

Dr Brims :

Hello?

Customer:

yes, but it is still swollen in between my anus and testi

Dr Brims :

I see, this swelling may take 4 weeks to subside completely

Dr Brims :

Do you have any problems with bowel movements or urinating?

Customer:

is there anything like the prostate I may have burst?

Customer:

no problems, other than its swollen right by my anus

Dr Brims :

Okay, then the prostate and other vital structures should be fine

Customer:

is there a tube that runs in the taint that may have been injured? When it was more swollen it was almost defined like there was something in there?

Dr Brims :

The urethra runs in that area, but it is very deep and is not injured if you have no trouble with urination

Customer:

it was basically from where my buttocks is swollen now all the way up and wrapped around my penis.

Customer:

so I should just continue ice and ibuprofen?

Customer:

is sitting in the hot tub beneficial as I have been doing that once daily as well.

Dr Brims :

Yes, you may continue ice and ibuprofen

Dr Brims :

Sitting in the hot tub should help

Customer:

ok, thanks.

Dr Brims :

You may stop the ice, it won't help much after 1 week

Dr Brims :

You're quite welcome

Dr Brims :

If you have any other questions in the future, you may request me and I will answer

Customer:

ok thanks, XXXXX XXXXX I am good now.

Dr Brims :

You're welcome

Dr. Brims, U.S. Licensed Physician
Experience: U.S. Licensed Physician, general surgery and internal medicine experience