Dr. Arun Phophalia, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  MBBS, MS (General Surgery), Fellowship in Sports Medicine

just read the blog on morgellon"s - my husband is experiencing

Customer Question

just read the blog on morgellon"s - my husband is experiencing similar symptoms- we live in SC - anyone who we should got to
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr. Arun Phophalia replied 3 years ago.

Hello Anne,
I am Dr. Arun and will be helping you today.

What are his main symptoms?
Since when are his symptoms?
Has he consulted any specialist?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
he went to a dr-- he told the dr he had "worms " in his sore- that he might have morgellon"s -- the dr lft- came back in - looked at the sores and told hime it was probably flea bites- never took a biopsy- just told him how to care for the sores in order for them to heal- no memtion of parasites
Hello Anne,

This can be Morgellon's. In that case, consulting a psychiatrist would be advised. Having said that, with a sore, following also should be considered;

1) Maggots in sores (which are true worms in a contaminated sore).
2) Neuropathy; the nerves are affected which cause abnormal sensation (termed paresthesias, which feels like worms running on the skin).

A culture test of the sores would be recommended with a biopsy.

Please feel free for your follow up questions.

I would be happy to assist you further, if you need any more information.

Thanks for using Just Answer.

We have recently implemented a new rating and feedback system. Please be aware that you are rating my courtesy and service as a professional. If you have any questions whatsoever, or there is anything I can clarify for you, please temporarily bypass the rating system by clicking “Continue the Conversation” or "Reply."

Clicking either of the lowest two options reflects poorly on me so please reply to me if there is anything else I can do to help before choosing those options. I appreciate your patience while we work out the kinks. It's important to me that you are 100% satisfied with the service I have provided you. Thank you.