Onlinedoc
Onlinedoc, General Physician
Experience:  B.A.M.S with experience in Medicine,Ayurveda, Integrative, CAM
2598649

My husband and I are so confused about weather or not i could

My husband and I are so confused about weather or not i could be pregnant. My last periods was June third. I ovulated june 21-24. We had intercourse on the 22 and 24. Well my period was two weeks late until yesterday when I started some really light bleeding. I usualy have a heavy cycle, and this one is not spotting its really light in color and really watery I also have light cramping. I took and pregnacy test last night and it was negative. Any advice as to what is going on? Thanks

Are your periods regular?

Have you done urine pregnancy test with morning urine sample?

Stress and anxiety issues?

Any other medical history?

Are you taking any medicines?

Weight changes?

Thanks dear.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Yes my periods are like clock work I come on the first of every month. No I didnt use the first morning unrine it was late last night when I tested. There is no other medical history i did have a miscarriage before wher I got an positive test then bleeding started but terrible abdominal pain was associated with that and I don't have that this time. My weight has changed but it was over six months ago when I was taking adpex.

Thanks for providing additional information.

As per your description,you should firstly do repeat pregnancy test with a morning urine sample to rule out pregnancy again.
Sometimes blood pregnancy test and further Ultrasound can be done for further evaluation.

As you have history of miscarriage so you shouldn't ignore such spotting and a clinical examination by a gynecologist should be considered.

Other potential differential diagnosis may include Hormonal imbalance.

Hope this helps.
Please rate me high if you are satisfied with our conversation.
In case you have further query press reply to expert button.
Bonus and positive feedback are appreciated.
Thanks.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

So you would say that it is still a possibility that I could be pregnant? Even with light bleeding. By the way its getting really clot like but not the normal consistency of a normal period

As per your description,chances of pregnancy are less however a repeat pregnancy test should be done for confirmation.

Hormonal imbalance can be other possible cause.

I understand your worry about such unusual bleeding however repeat testing should be done to make a conclusion.

Hope this helps.
Thanks.