Dr. German
Dr. German, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  MD
3310972

my father was given tramadol by his wife she said it was blood

my father was given tramadol by his wife she said it was blood pressure med but he passed away suddenly from a heart attack nothing else was found in his system what do you think ?
Welcome and thanks for your question I am Dr. German I would be here to help you and give you assistance until you are satisfied, Tramadol is not a blood pressure medication ,is a pain medication ( specifically an opioid agonist ) .

On the other side , it could produce several side effects including high blood pressure,irregular fast heartbeat and chest tightness or chest pain.

Although there is not a direct relationship between Tramadol and Heart Attacks, tramadol could indirectly produce a heart attack . The main reason is that using Tramadol can produce irregular heartbeats , under these circumstances the heart does not pump blood properly and blood begins to pool up in the heart chambers producing blood clots.

These blood clots could travel through the bloodstream obstructing or blocking certain blood vessels including the brain blood vessels which could produce a stroke or the heart blood vessels producing a heart attack.

A tramadol overdose could definitely produce a heart attack , but to demonstrate that you should get his medical report,specially if this a recent event . With that report , You could contact the police department to open an investigation to determine if there was an overdose and if she was giving the medication under medical prescription or not .

If you need any additional information I will be happy to continue further and assist you until you are completely satisfied . Good luck to you and have a good day !

Please leave a positive feedback ( click on excellent or good service ) if you are satisfied with my answer.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

he passed in March. his wife canceled the autopsies after we ordered one then had him cremated how long will they hang on to his blood work?

They usually need to keep his medical records and blood work at least for 3 years after his death .