Dr. German
Dr. German, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  MD
3310972

55 year old male. sudden forehead and neck sweating (mostly

55 year old male. sudden forehead and neck sweating (mostly forehead) which lasts a few minutes in the evenings. this occurred twice two weeks ago, and then the past two nights...remainder of body really doesn't sweat much. makes me more anxious than anything else. no weight loss, no lethargy, no real soreness...feel fine otherwise.

Welcome and thanks for your question I am Dr. German I would be here to help you and give you assistance until you are satisfied, it is common that when you sweat , you sweat more profusely from certain body areas specially the forehead , the neck , hands and feet .

The main reason for this is that there are more eccrine glands ( the glands that control the sweating process ) in these areas .

This has only occurred to you twice and it could be completely sporadic product of anxiety ,stress or higher temperatures and nothing to be worried about .

However , if this problem continues , a proper medical evaluation will be necessary.

There are several factors that could produce this excessive sweating from : emotional factors , infections, high thyroid blood levels , low glucose blood levels and medications .

What doctors usually do ,if the sweating gets too uncomfortable is prescribing a topical product with aluminum chloride to apply on the face and neck or botulinum toxin injections .

At this time , consulting a doctor is not necessary .However , if the problem persists you will need to consult a doctor so you can have a complete medical evaluation and some blood , hormonal and urine tests done to determine which of these conditions is producing your symptoms so you can be treated properly .

If you need any additional information I will be happy to continue further and assist you until you are completely satisfied . Good luck to you and have a good day !

Please leave a positive feedback ( click on excellent or good service ) if you are satisfied with my answer.