Dr. Anil
Dr. Anil, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  M.B.B.S.M.D with over 30 years of experience in this medical field.

I have two small raised dark spots on the shaft of my penis.

I have two small raised dark spots on the shaft of my penis. One is smaller than the other and neither hurt or itch. I noticed them thee weeks ago and I have unprotected sex but with only with my faithful wife. I would like to know if this is something to be concerned about, thanks.

Are these located near the mid of the shaft or near the base of penis?

Any associated discharge?

Are these hard or soft?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

They are mid shaft on the underside. No discharge and they are firm. No redness on or around it. The color is somewhat hard to describe but I would say either a brown or geyish color. I believe when they started there was three of them but the third was very small and seems to have disappeared. Also side note - I did have molluscum contagiosum ten years ago but had it treated and this doesn't look quite the same, thanks.

Probably these don't appear infectious especially since your don't have a history of unprotected intercourse with multiple partners.

In few cases the hair gland follicle can become a bit raised and appear as a brownish bump probably due to friction.

Molluscum contagiosum does not remain in the body when the growths are gone from the skin and will not reappear on their own.So probably that is a less likely diagnosis from what you describe.

Probably you should monitor these for few days and if further increase in size or number further investigations may be considered.

I hope these helps

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Is there any way to make it go away?

You can apply some cream like Soframycin as it can help to prevent friction induced inflammation.