Dr. Sohaib
Dr. Sohaib, Doctor
Experience:  M.B;B.S ; FCPS Experienced in all Medical Specialties

Dear Dr.,Thirteen days ago I hit the top of my head

Dear Dr. Brimm (or whoever is available now to answer this), Thirteen days ago I hit the top of my head on my kitchen table top counter as I was bending down to pick something up. In that instant I felt a little nauseous which lasted for about 10 seconds and the area hurt for a few days. I did go to the walk-in clinic to see if I should go for an MRI or CATSCAN something but was advised that I don't need to so I did not. I did not have any other symptoms. For the last two days I have had a mild headache - no other symptoms. Should I go to my primary and see about getting a catscan if it could possibly be due to my hitting my head? Or would I not be getting a headache this far along from that injury? Thanks.

Category: Health
Expert:  Dr. Sohaib replied 1 year ago.

Hello and thank you for the question.
Answers given are for informational purposes only and are not meant to replace an exam by an in-person.

I am Dr. Sohaib, a practicing Internal Medicine Specialist and i will do my best to help you today.

You need to answer a few questions first which will help me assist you in a better way.

Do you have pain in the same area where you had the trauma or is it a generalized headache?

No nausea, vomiting, blurring of vision or problems with speech right?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I do not have pain in the same area - generalized headache. And correct, no other symptoms.

Expert:  Dr. Sohaib replied 1 year ago.

Thank you very much for the useful information.

Okay this is not related directly to the trauma most likely. This can simply be a tension headache due to spasm of muscles in the scalp.

Inadequate sleep.

Work/relationship anxiety stress.

Take Tylenol or Motrin or a combination of both (depending upon the severity of pain).

Have rest.

Avoid caffeinated drinks.

Ideally this should settle down or improve in next 24 hours. In the absence of any warning symptoms (which i asked) this does not sound serious at all.

However, if you develop any or the warning symptoms, have this evaluated soon.

It was a pleasure assisting you and thank you very much for visiting us.

My goal is to provide you with Excellent Service - if satisfied with the response, Please do not forget to Rate my service.

If you feel you have gotten anything less, please reply back, I am happy to address follow-up questions.

Kindest Regards.

Dr. Sohaib, Doctor
Experience: M.B;B.S ; FCPS Experienced in all Medical Specialties
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

The headache even though generalized is a bit more concentrated on the left side of my head, which had happened before I ever banged my head.

I did hit my head on the top left. But the headache is not concentrated there.

Ok, I just saw your response- thank you.

Expert:  Dr. Sohaib replied 1 year ago.

Dont worry, it would be fine soon.

I dont see any reason here for you to go to Emergency Services.

This seems just like a common headache every one experiences.

Good luck.