Dr. Arun Phophalia, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  MBBS, MS (General Surgery), Fellowship in Sports Medicine
5625079

Is there any significance to developmental variants of prominent

Is there any significance to developmental variants of prominent sublabral recess and a sublabral foramen, with out true labral tear?

Hello Matthew ,
I am Dr. Arun and will be helping you today.

The developmental variants of prominent sublabral recess and a sublabral foramen are usually not taken as significant causative for the symptoms. In the presence of these findings usually;

1) The symptoms can take more time to resolve.
2) The joint may be more prone for the injuries.

Majority of people will respond to physical therapy alone. The program should be daily and assisted by the physical therapist. The regimen consists of active and active-assistive range-of-motion exercises combined with stretching. Pain may occur early but within six to eight weeks progress is usually made. Other treatment modalities such as heat and massage may help. Nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory analgesics may also be beneficial. Deep electrotherapy in the form of short wave diathermy, Interferential current, trans cutaneous electrical stimulation, iontophoresis, phonophoresis also are very helpful. A subacromial-subdeltoid bursitis.may also need a steroid shot for the treatment.

Please feel free for your follow up questions.

I would be happy to assist you further, if you need any more information.

Thanks for using Just Answer.

We have recently implemented a new rating and feedback system. Please be aware that you are rating my courtesy and service as a professional. If you have any questions whatsoever, or there is anything I can clarify for you, please temporarily bypass the rating system by clicking “Continue the Conversation” or "Reply."

Clicking either of the lowest two options reflects poorly on me so please reply to me if there is anything else I can do to help before choosing those options. I appreciate your patience while we work out the kinks. It's important to me that you are 100% satisfied with the service I have provided you. Thank you.