kimo31
kimo31, Doctor (MD/DO)
Experience:  Family Practice resident.
14971955

I did a home enema as I am cleansing/detoxing from chronic

Customer Question

I did a home enema as I am cleansing/detoxing from chronic systemic candida and parasites. I used filtered water and then added a cup or two of Hydrogen Peroxide. I immediately had a bowel movement and rid of a lot of gas.
After the 3rd enema in a row I starting feeling cramps and when I looked in toilet, I was bleeding quite profusely. It was bright red and contained a lot of mucous. I kept feeling like I had to "go" and also vomited three times during the night. Today, I am still bleeding from rectum and am running a fever. I am not sure if I should go the ER room or not. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
Category: Health
Expert:  kimo31 replied 1 year ago.

kimo31 : Due to your history and symptoms, I Would suggest that you be seen and evaluated by a physician
kimo31 : I'm sorry to hear that you're not feeling well, but I feel a further workup is warranted
kimo31 : There are a number of things that could be causing your symptoms, several of which are very serious. I would suggest that you be seen in the ER as you suggest.
Customer:

Thank you, XXXXX XXXXX told my husband if I am not better tomorrow I will go to the doctor.

kimo31 : Hello and thank you for your question. I feel concerned for your safety, however, and would recommend not waiting until tomorrow
Customer:

Could the peroxide have caused more injury? I also feel I have hemorrhoids that I just noticed recently.

kimo31, Doctor (MD/DO)
Experience: Family Practice resident.
Expert:  kimo31 replied 1 year ago.
I have just seen your follow up question. Yes, the peroxide could cause injury. Hemorrhoids could also cause brisk rectal bleeding. In either case, the bleeding is generally problematic and could lead to hospitalization if not addressed. It is difficult to speculate without an adequate physical examination by your provider.
Expert:  kimo31 replied 1 year ago.
I recently worked with you in regard to your concern about not feeling well and bleeding. I was very concerned for your health also and wanted to follow up with you and see how things have progressed. If you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to contact me again. I look forward to providing you with the best experience possible!