Dr. Charles
Dr. Charles, Doctor
Experience:  Internal medicine specialist

I believe that I may have plantar fibroma on the bottom of

I believe that I may have plantar fibroma on the bottom of both of my feet. It's a small bump in the arch in both of my feet. They aren't huge, but sometimes I feel them when I walk. Also, it makes foot massages very painful.

If this is plantar fibroma, do they always grow bigger, or is there a chance that they could stay the same size?
Dear customer,
I am Dr.Charles and I’m happy to help with your question today .I need the following information from you,so that I can provide you the complete & best answer:

Since how long you have this fibroma?
Are you overweight?
Is there any other known medical illness?

I am online and is waiting for your reply.

Kind Regards-
Dr. Charles
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I have probably had them for a year or so that I remember. I'm 5'10" and 185 LBS. I typically run between 3-5 miles everyday. I'm not sure that has anything to do with it or not.

Dear Sean,

Thanks for the valuable info you had given.I've taken a close look at your question & the reply and come up with the following answer:

A plantar fibroma is a fibrous knot (nodule) in the arch of the foot. It is embedded within the plantar fascia.

This mass can remain the same size or get larger over time, or additional fibromas may develop. Following are the treatment options:

-Painful fibromas may be treated with an off-loading insole or pad.

-Injecting corticosteroid medication into the mass

- Physical therapy methods that deliver anti-inflammatory medication into the fibroma without the need for injection.

Surgical removal of a plantar fibroma is considered as last option if the above procedures failed,pain continues or the size of fibroma keeps on increasing.

So the botXXXXX XXXXXne is that the size of plantar fibroma may not increase & you need to wait & watch the symptoms.

Till than for pain relief,take tab. Ibuprofen 400 mgfrom the counter. It is available as OTC(over the counter) without prescription & will help you greatly.

Hope this helped

Please remember to rate my service once you have all the information you need. If you have any other questions,please ask me - I'll be happy to respond.

Thank you!

Kind Regards-
Dr. Charles

Hi Sean
I'm just following up with you to see how everything is going. Did my answer help?

Have you consulted your doctor?
Have you tried Ibuprofen 400mg?

Let me know,