Dr. Chip
Dr. Chip, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  Over 20 yrs of Family Practice
18722459

DR CHIP I AM TRYING TO SPEAK WITH YOU BUT IT KEEPS GIVING ME

Customer Question

DR CHIP I AM TRYING TO SPEAK WITH YOU BUT IT KEEPS GIVING ME SOMEONE ELSE AND THEN THEY ASK FOR ME TO PAY FIRST. I PAY MONTHLY NOT EVERY TIME. I AM ON THE PHONE RIGHT NOW WITH CUSTOMER SERVICE ASKING FOR HELP.

My urine test came back normal. I have an appt with the urologists on Friday and I wll get a KUB before I go. I think I may be trying to pass a stone. My back doesn't hurt but every once in a while my left and right side hurt some. WOW I am surprised not to get a response from you customer service said they made this a high priority. Well I am getting tired so I can not stay awake  much longer.

Category: Health
Expert:  Dr. Cameron replied 3 years ago.
Hi Dr. Chip is not online right now.
Do you want me to help you?
He is a great guy- so I understand if you want to wait...
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thank you for responding but I would like to wait for him to come back online. He has helped me more then any doctor I have ever seen in person.

Thank you again.

No problem, Sonja- I will send him a message that he has a question.
Do not reply until you hear from him..
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 3 years ago.
Hi--sorry about all that--get back to me in about three hours
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
I will be driving all day. I will try to be on later today or early evening.
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 3 years ago.
OK--get back to me when you can.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hi Doctor,

I am back at home now. Sorry but I was working out of town all week.

Anyways the pain the in back has subsided. Not much pain anywhere else right now either. I will be seeing a urologists tomorrow afternoon and I will get a KUB before I go to the appointment.

Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 3 years ago.
Are you saying that there was nothing abnormal in your urinalysis?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

The nurse called me and said the urine test was normal.

That is weird to me because she told me the day I took the test that I do not have a UTI but it shows positive for something else and they sent it to a lab for further testing

Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 3 years ago.
OK. So basically that one sided back pain is gone?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

yes it is gone. But I have been flushing myself out with cranberry juice, water, cranberry pills and AZO pills 3 times a day. The pain first started about a week ago with like labor pain all through the lower back area. Then a day later the left back area started hurting and feeling feverish. Now that pain in my lower left back has hurt before even afte I passed the kidney stone in 2010 I always though there was something wrong with that kidney but I am not sure the urologists told me it was nothing but I don't know.

its something when it hurts pretty bad. It hurts a little bit right now but not real bad. I felt like the celebrex took the inflammation out of what ever it was and helped.

Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 3 years ago.
Well, if it was a stone you may have passed it and the KUB won't show anything.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Well lets hope that the KUB shows nothing. I don't want anymore stones.

Doctor would the KUB show an enlarged kidney?

Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 3 years ago.
Yes it can but why would you be worried about that?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Because the last time I had stones in 2010 they told me and showed me the 10mm stone was lodged in the urether and was backing urine in the kidney and they told me it was enlarged then from that.

Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 3 years ago.
And how long had the stone been there?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

5 or 6 years I had 3 or 4 of them.

Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 3 years ago.
No I meant just the 10mm stone--how long was it there?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

It was lodged for about a couple of weeks.Maybe a little longer because I went to the ER and they referred me to a urologists. Then they said look we need to do lithotripsy on you in its to big to come out.

Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 3 years ago.
OK--it didn't block the ureter long enough to do any damage to your kidney then
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

It may have been a month or 6 weeks I can't remember because I had to wait for the doctor to come into town who does the lithotropsy. But I don't think it was lodged the whole time because they were telling me they were in the kidney.

Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 3 years ago.
Even a month would do no harm.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

okay that is good. Well we will know more tomorrow this female PA urologists is very SHARP. The real Doctor urologists told me I was good to go no more stones she looked at my chart the next day and said for me to come in right away and told me it had traveled and was at least a 9mm stone that was lodged. So maybe the KUB help with what is going on if its not kidney what the heck is it then?

Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 3 years ago.
Then it's back pain caused either by muscle spasm or maybe from a disk problem
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Ok Doctor thank you for speaking with me tonight. Tomorrow I will get back with you regarding my test and appt.

Have a great evening!!

One more thing the reason why I think its my kidney is because it appears when i increase my fluid a lot the pain does seem to go away.

Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 3 years ago.
My pleasure and have a good night
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Went to the doctor she said the KUB showed nothing. She also said he would not show any sizes of e kidney no soft tissue only stone like images. She didn't want me to have another CT scan she said I have had to many and they put off to much radiation. So I don't know still what the pain is sometimes. I do know that when I increase my fluids or and take a Celebrex it goes away.
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 3 years ago.
So did she assure you your kidneys were fine?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
No she just said she didn't think it was the kidney. She did say he stone wasn't lodged long enough to due any damage to the kidney. So I don't know. But like I said before when I take Celebrex and increase my fluids it seems to get better. The pain isn't as bad. She asked if I had any leg pain I said I did a few days back and I had side pain too. But that is all she sad about that.She said I saw you last June for the same pain and the KUB showed no stones. She said so I will see you on a as need basis.
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 3 years ago.
Well Celebrex will help with any pain and just because that and fluids helped your pain doesn't mean it was your kidney or a stone. Certainly you don't have a stone now so no need to worry about that
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
She told me not to drink anymore cranberry juice because the type of stone I make cranberry juice can make them worse.
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 3 years ago.
Good suggestion for those who have had certain types of stones in the past.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
I think she called my stones calcium oxalate.
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 3 years ago.
Those are the ones. Doesn't mean that some cranberry juice will cause one but you should avoid it in the future