A. Schuyler, NP
A. Schuyler, NP, Nurse Practitioner
Experience:  Board Certified NP, MS, RN. 25 years private practice & hospitalist
3157612

Do you have online psychiatrists that do online consultations

Do you have online psychiatrists that do online consultations with video chat?

Answers provided are for informational use only and do not confer patient-provider relationship. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will help you.

We do not have psychiatrists who do online consultations. One must see a patient in person at least once before such consultation is legal. In addition, the psychiatrists here do not treat patients. They can only answer questions about mental health problems.

Best regards,

Schuyler

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Then why is there a website that says it can do it online its called e-psychiatry? Is this legitimate?

They schedule appointments for exams in their office, or in a primary care physician's office and the record of the exam is sent to them. You can read their frequently asked questions here. http://www.e-psychiatry.com/telepsychiatry_faq.pdf

Just Answer does not treat patients at all. We are strictly limited to information and research.

Best regards,

Schuyler

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

On the website it says they can do it online

Please read all of the web site, not just the beginning.

".....Q: Are there any limitations to telepsychiatry treatment?
A: All limitations inherent in the traditional psychiatrist-patient relationship are present in telepsychiatry. You may need to visit your primary care physician prior to any treatment with medications. Not all consultations will result in the prescription of medication. When indicated, prescriptions can be sent (electronically, via fax, or by phone) to the patient's pharmacy of choice. However, some states and federal laws provide stipulations when prescribing Schedule II, III, IV and V medications. For example, if you are seeking buprenorphine (Suboxone®) treatment through a telepsychiatry visit for opiod dependence. We require that you have a yearly Face-to-Face visit with this type treatment followed with random drug testing at a facility of the prescribing physician's choice. With most other scheduled medications we only require one face to face visit. Follow-ups for all scheduled medications must be conducted through video.....".
They are subject to laws just like everyone else.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

The website is not letting me do anything, I am trying to connect to it.

What web site? You are connected to ours and that is the only one we have any control over.

Best regards,

Schuyler

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Do you know anything about urology?

Yes I do, if you would like to ask another question about that after this question.

Best regards,

Schuyler

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Okay, A few minutes I ago I washing my vagina really good, and I cleaned up in there and now I have slight pressure/pain there. What does that mean?

I will answer that question when the first one has been accepted with positive feedback. We can only cover one subject per question.

Best regards,

Schuyler