Dr. Chip
Dr. Chip, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  Over 20 yrs of Family Practice

Is there a drug interaction I should know about between the

Is there a drug interaction I should know about between the generic brands of Prozac and Fioricet?
Hi--before I answer are you taking both of these and if so are you having any side effects?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Yes I am taking both of these. Both were prescribed by doctors. I have been having nightmares since I started taking both but I am not sure if this is a side effect. I only take the generic brand of Fioricet when I have a migraine.

OK. The only really likely interactions between the two might be some drowsiness but the Prozac can cause nightmares. With SSRI's like that, most side effects will resolve themselves after two or three weeks, but you should let your doctor know about this in case he'd want to switch you to an alternative to the Prozac
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thank you!

My pleasure but please remember to rate my service to you