Ask Your Health Question and Get an Answer ASAP
Hello Triston , I am Dr. Arun and will be helping you today.Was a throat swab taken?Any significant past illness?Any known allergies?Is it possible for you to attach a photo? You can do it by pressing the paper clip icon?
I have had strep throat before but other than that nothing; no allergies and no swab.
I tried multiple times to attach a picture but it says I don't have permission to access this server....
Following also should be considered for your symptoms;
1) Epstein Barr virus (EBV)-associated mononucleosis
2) Parapharyngeal space infections,
3) Peritonsillar abscess ("quinsy"), and
Quick swab for streptococcus may sometimes not able to identify the bacterial organisms so a visit to an ENT specialist and following investigations, should be done;
1) Throat cultures have been the "gold standard" for diagnosing GAS (group A streptococcus) pharyngitis and another pathogen, such as N. gonorrhoeae.
2) Blood counts
3) EBV virus antibodies
4) Indirect laryngoscopy (ENT specialist see the inside of the throat by a mirror).
1) Penicillin G plus metronidazole
I would be happy to assist you further, if you need any more information.
Thanks for using Just Answer.