Dr. Chip
Dr. Chip, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  Over 20 yrs of Family Practice

Hello Doctor, more than a week now. i have a burning sensation

Hello Doctor,

more than a week now. i have a burning sensation in my stomach, eyes, noses, ears, palm, feet-sole, under-armpit, and urine area.

I had been fasting for 19 days, and stopped for this heat sesation.

Also the climate here is very hot whihc aggravates the situation.

I tried avoiding all non-vegetarian, and spicy food. Lived only on yoghurt. But still not much improvement.

I when to a doctor after it was unberable, esp. nose felt like severely injured, he said its viral.
Hi. Do you have any other medical conditions and do you have any rash or change in skin color with this?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

i don't have rash or change in skin condition.

But i do have blood pressure, colestrol, hypo-thyroid. For which i take regular medicine. viz. bp - micardis 40mg, lopid 600mg, atorva 20mg, 150mg Eltroxin

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

i also take Nexium 20mg everyday for GERD and acidity. i have been using Nexium for few years now. Before Nexium my acidity and GERD was hell. Now almost non

Did the doctor run any tests and did he treat this in any way?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

No the doctor did not run any test.

But yes after taking the antibiotic and Menfenamic my nose burning went away and overall there was some improvement.

But still i was avoiding spicy food, non-vegetarian etc. and was drinking water a lot.

But the burning didn't go away completely.

And from today again i am fasting, to this burning feels more as i cannot have water during fasting.

But i think its not related to fasting; since when i took a break in between still the burning was there; but i could use some water or juice to help feel better for awhile

OK. This could be a problem with your liver or your kidneys and you need blood work to check for that. It could also be an electrolyte imbalance with your potassium or magnesium so that needs to be checked, too. Finally, this could be an allergy problem and I would give you an antihistamine like benadryl or Claritin to see if that clears up your symptoms.