Dr. Anil
Dr. Anil, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  M.B.B.S.M.D with over 30 years of experience in this medical field.
4713694

WHAT IF I SIT LONG PERIODS OF TIME DURING THE DAY AND I AM

WHAT IF I SIT LONG PERIODS OF TIME DURING THE DAY AND I AM OVERWEIGHT I HAVE PINK AND DARK PINK SPOTS ON THE LOWER EXTREMITY OF A LEG THAT SOMETIMES IS LIGHTER THAN OTHER TIMES BUT STILL SO SPREDDING SLOWLY WHAT CAN I DUE TO REDUE THIS??

Associated swelling on lower legs?

Associated pain,itching around pink spots?

Since how long have you been suffering from?

Are you taking any medications?

Any other medical history?

Is area warm to touch?

Lower back pain?

Thanks.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

no swelling on lower legs, there is some buring around the pink spots they have been ther about three weeks i do suffer from lower back pain and i take a muscle relaxer and a low dose of vicodan for the pain in my back and no it is not warm to touch

Thanks for providing more information.

As you describe such skin discoloration on lower leg can be associated with venous insufficiency resulting in varicose veins,Deep vein thrombosis,Stasis dermatitis.

Other possible cause may include Folliculitis.

And prolonged hours of sitting can be a contributing factor.

So further color doppler study of lower limb,CBC,ESR and a clinical examination by your regular doctor should be considered.

And i strongly advise not to ignore your symptoms as such and elevation of legs,stretching and regular legs exercises,short breaks of rest while doing work should be continued.

You can try OTC 1% hydrocortisone cream on affected area for few days to see if it responds.

And make an appointment with your doctor in next few days rather than wait & watch approach.

I hope this helps.

Please rate me highly (Star 5 Great Service), if you are satisfied with our conversation.

If you have any further query then feel free to ask.

Bonus and positive feedback are highly appreciated.

Thank you.