Dr. Chip
Dr. Chip, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  Over 20 yrs of Family Practice

How long the harnal medicine can be used without side effe

How long the harnal medicine can be used without side effects?
Submitted: 9 months ago via Patientsville.
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 9 months ago.
Hi--just to be clear here are you referring to tamulosin which is usually used for enlarged prostate disorder? If so, are you on the medication now, for what reason, and are you experiencing nay side effects?
Customer: replied 9 months ago.

Yeas harnal is some kind is tamulosin and I have prostate enlarge. I do not have side effects, but for long treatment I should know some restrictions for long time use harnal

Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 9 months ago.
OK. The studies have shown that there are no long term adverse events (side effects or harm) from taking the harnal. It is possible, however, that in time your prostate enlargement may worsen and the medication may become less effective. Talk with your doctor about this, but I would say that you can safely take the medicine for years.
Customer: replied 9 months ago.

Your answer : you can safely take the medicine for years.

You did not mentioned about breaks. Usually doctors propose to make some breaks to clean organism from chemical ingredients or similar and repeat again medication.

Your proposal is medicate without breaks.

Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 9 months ago.
There really is no need for breaks unless the problem completely resolves itself. In that case, you could come off the medication for a while and see if the problem recurs. If it doesn't, you wouldn't need to restart the medication
Dr. Chip, Doctor (MD)
Experience: Over 20 yrs of Family Practice